Sox vs. Mariners Gamethread 09/17/2007

max power

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Mackowiak needs to be brought back this offseason. His contract is going to get bought out and he's going to become a free agent. He grew up here, he loves the city, seemingly likes the organization and he's a good baseball player. Seems like a perfect fit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:42 AM)
I predict that Cintron is rewarded for that amazing at-bat with a start tomorrow.

Charlotte needs someone to play shortstop. Cintron is quite possibly the worst player on this team and that's saying a lot.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:43 AM)
Rob Mackowiak needs to be brought back this offseason. His contract is going to get bought out and he's going to become a free agent. He grew up here, he loves the city, seemingly likes the organization and he's a good baseball player. Seems like a perfect fit.

For some reason, I don't think Ozzie ever knew what he had in Mackowiak. If Rob keeps playing poorly in San Diego, he's not going to get too much this offseason.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:43 AM)

He also grew up a Sox fan. I'd love to have him back. He was actually playing good ball for us this year until we unloaded him for a 23year old A-ball relief pitcher. What was the point to even dealing him? So we could have clowns like Cintron batting with the tie run at 3rd in the 9th inning against jj putz?

Pathetic. This organization is in shambles.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:44 PM)
He also grew up a Sox fan. I'd love to have him back. He was actually playing good ball for us this year until we unloaded him for a 23year old A-ball relief pitcher. What was the point to even dealing him? So we could have clowns like Cintron batting with the tie run at 3rd in the 9th inning against jj putz?

The trade makes sense if they're intent on bringing him back as a free agent. Get something for him, make someone else pay the buyout and sign him on the cheap during the offseason. It's a good move.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:45 AM)
The trade makes sense if they're intent on bringing him back as a free agent.

Agree. I just didn't want to see this Cintron at bat tonight. We all knew what was going to happen before it even happened. Not saying Mack gets a hit there, but the goal is to NOT HAVE Cintron batting at that point in the game. Under no circumstances should Alex Freaking Cintron ever be in a batters box against JJ Putz with the tie run 90 feet from home and two outs. NEVER...Ozzie should grab a damn bat himself before subjecting us to that charade.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:44 AM)

They need to make some major changes. Everyone keeps saying this team's not that far away from competing, and I disagree with that. The talent level on the big league team is not playoff level, and the core players (PK, Thome, Dye, AJ) look to be slowing down.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 04:46 AM)
And Erstad unless Ozzie signs a waiver to not start him every damn game.

I'd have no problem with Erstad as the last, or next to last, guy on the bench. However, our manager is so s***ty, he won't be able to use him correctly.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
They need to make some major changes. Everyone keeps saying this team's not that far away from competing, and I disagree with that. The talent level on the big league team is not playoff level, and the core players (PK, Thome, Dye, AJ) look to be slowing down.

This team has one of the 4 or 5 worst records in baseball and its an old team. It's one thing to be Kansas City breaking in kids like Teahen, Gordon, Butler, Buck and sucking...its another thing to be sucking with a bunch of broken down geezers.

I want an entire house-cleaning. If Dye leaves then I would like an entirely new outfield and a new SS....we can survive with PK, AJP, Crede/Fields, Richar/Borgeous, and most of our pitching. It's the outfield that sucks ass.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
This team has one of the 4 or 5 worst records in baseball and its an old team. It's one thing to be Kansas City breaking in kids like Teahen, Gordon, Butler, Buck and sucking...its another thing to be sucking with a bunch of broken down geezers.

I want an entire house-cleaning. If Dye leaves then I would like an entirely new outfield and a new SS....we can survive with PK, AJP, Crede/Fields, Richar/Borgeous, and most of our pitching. It's the outfield that sucks ass.

Kansas City with all of their kids scored more runs that us this season. Also their pitching staff has let up less runs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 11:47 PM)
I'd have no problem with Erstad as the last, or next to last, guy on the bench. However, our manager is so s***ty, he won't be able to use him correctly.

I pray that Erstad won't be brought back. He can still be a solid reserve, but Guillen would find excuses to turn him into an everyday player.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
Sorry to hear it.

It didn't happen (watching the Sox Friday on FSN-NW.) I ended up watching the mud wrestling championships for Mongolia, or something like that, while the TV info center kept claiming it should be the Sox-Mariners game. Well, Saturday it;s WGN time.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)
I'm happy for you. I'm sure it means a lot, considering the fact that you're in Montana and probably don't get to watch enough.

Your right. Most of the time it's WGN once a week if I am lucky. You have to take it where you can find it. Sucks listening to the other teams announcers though.