We F****** SUCK:part deux Game One in Cleveland

rangercal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 11:36 PM)
Erstad? After seeing the ABs by Pauly, JD, and AJ, why would you worry about what Darrin did?

Because it's just pointless for him to be playing as much as he is. It's like Ozzie tries to find openings for Erstad to play.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Erstad? After seeing the ABs by Pauly, JD, and AJ, why would you worry about what Darrin did?

Pauly is on the bench. Tell me what purpose Darrin has on this team besides keeping a few of our DL members company a few times a year. Erstad is a goddamn shadow starter. Ozzie puts him out there every single night, and rotates players out so he can get one of his toys in the lineup.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 06:38 PM)
Pauly is on the bench. Tell me what purpose Darrin has on this team besides keeping a few of our DL members company a few times a year. Erstad is a goddamn shadow starter. Ozzie puts him out there every single night, and rotates players out so he can get one of his toys in the lineup.

Picking one bad guy out of this line up is like taking one bad guy out of Congress.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
Picking one bad guy out of this line up is like taking one bad guy out of Congress.

As long as that bad guy doesnt have his option picked up, and then is named a starter in CF next year out of ST. Then it doesnt matter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
Why when you have a super pull hitter like Uribe, would you allow him to open his stance up. Thats like putting out a fire with gasoline.

I think they had him do that, to try to cut down on the Tasmanian Devil thing. Harder to do a pirouette in a wide stance.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
I think they had him do that, to try to cut down on the Tasmanian Devil thing. Harder to do a pirouette in a wide stance.

Hrniak had him do a leg kick thing that worked in 05. it kept him closed and helped him step towards the pitchers plate. Since that worked, we have tried a spread stance, nothing, and now opening it up. why do something that worked.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:00 PM)
Carmona is nasty.

I'd take him over any of our starters.

It's funny, though, how Williams approach to drafting pitchers has seemingly concentrated on those who can induce groundballs, and here is Carmona -- a perfect representation of that -- pitching for Cleveland. It must be mocking him.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
I'd take him over any of our starters.

It's funny, though, how Williams approach to drafting pitchers has seemingly concentrated on those who can induce groundballs, and here is Carmona -- a perfect representation of that -- pitching for Cleveland. It must be mocking him.

Any?

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
f*** Mike MacDougal in the ear.

I am so glad we picked up a 38 year old pile of crap that cant get lefties out, yet Boone Logan only comes in to mop it up after it went astray.

Myers versus lefties .318BAA

Logan versus lefties .208BAA * Real Loogy and not some old soon to be retired crap.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
I am so glad we picked up a 38 year old pile of crap that cant get lefties out, yet Boone Logan only comes in to mop it up after it went astray.

Myers versus lefties .318BAA

Logan versus lefties .208BAA * Real Loogy and not some old soon to be retired crap.

Yes. Can anyone explain what the hell KW was thinking with Myers?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
Any?

Yes.

Although I should add, and this is quite significant to the argument, his salary is a deciding factor. I'm not judging him compared to our starters in a everything-being-equal type scenario; just within the present.

It underscores a point that having production from someone such as Carmona out of the rotation is invaluable. Compare their statistics. For a difference in 9 million, who would you take?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
I know everyone is already aware of this but Boone Logan is the balls, seriously he's just that good. I love him like a son.

I loved the way he looked from the moment he first came up. Bastard just needed to learn to throw strikes.