New Television season

juddling

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Best Buy this morning and usually walk through the TV DVDs to see what is out. Friday Night Lights Season 2 came out today already. Guess no more new eps til fall. Odd cuz they are in the middle of the school year.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried finding the other TV thread but couldn't. Figured I would bump it with the season finales coming around.

My Name is Earl was interesting to start the season than got weird and had some really bad episodes, but I enjoyed last week and tonights hour season finale. Alyssa Milano didn't hurt it.

From IMDB:

Returning

NBC: Chuck, 30 Rock, The Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, Dateline NBC, Deal or No Deal, ER, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Knight Rider, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Life, Lipstick Jungle, My Name is Earl, Medium, The Office, Sunday Night Football

ABC: Pushing Daisies, America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Dirty Sexy Money, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Samantha Who?, Supernanny, Ugly Betty, Wife Swap, Eli Stone, Scrubs, According to Jim, The Bachelor, Primetime: What Would You Do?

CBS: The Amazing Race, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, NUMB3RS, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, Without a Trace, The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Unit, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement

The CW: Reaper, America's Next Top Model, Everybody Hates Chris, The Game, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural,

Fox: 24, American Idol, American Dad, Family Guy, Kitchen Nightmares, King of the Hill, Prison Break, The Simpsons, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, House, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? Don't Forget the Lyrics!

Canceled

NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moved to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, Cashmere Mafia, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Here Come the Newlyweds, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

CBS: Moonlight, Shark, Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, Kid Nation, Power of 10

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, Beauty and the Geek, Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, The Next Great American Band, Unhitched

I still want to know what NBC was thinking with the time slot they gave to Friday Night Lights. I understand thats the premise of the show, but to actually air episodes on Friday nights during the high school football season seems like a bad idea.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 16, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
Canceled

NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moved to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, Cashmere Mafia, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Here Come the Newlyweds, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

CBS: Moonlight, Shark, Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, Kid Nation, Power of 10

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, Beauty and the Geek, Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, The Next Great American Band, Unhitched

There are a couple of shows in there I thought were decent but didn't really get a chance to watch them a whole lot. There are also a few that I'm not surprised at all about. Cavemen and Amnesia for example...

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 16, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
I actually liked that show. It gave me something to watch after Heroes. :crying

Hell yeah. The acting wasn't great but the storylines and writing were good.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ May 16, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
I thought Friday Night lights got canned. Directv has a spot that says that they have the new season exclusively.

Yup. Episodes will air on Direct TV first than air on NBC in the fall. I still think last season was good before being cut short despite some people thinking the story lines were outrageous.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Yup. Episodes will air on Direct TV first than air on NBC in the fall. I still think last season was good before being cut short despite some people thinking the story lines were outrageous.

Yeah, but then again, you suck and nobody likes you.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
OK, I'm starting to get into shows on the premium channels. Is Weeds good? I fell in love with Entourage...

I hear Weeds is really good, but you need to watch Flight of the Conchords, start to finish

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
OK, I'm starting to get into shows on the premium channels. Is Weeds good? I fell in love with Entourage...

I really enjoyed "Weeds", although I never watched the first season. The second through third (fourth?) were good.