Which Sox Player Would Win in a Fight??

Marky Mark

Sox Ultimate Fighter  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What Sox Player makes the best fighter?

• AJ Pierzynski 6'3''-240 (Took a Cubby punch to the face, no prob)
    • Jim Thome 6'3''-250 (Big Jimmy)
    • Bobby Jenks 6'3''-275 (Used to burn himself for fun)
    • Matt Thornton 6'6''-230 (Very Tall)
    • Jermaine Dye 6'5''-240 (Large man, but not a stick)
    • A Healthy Joe Crede 6'2''- 230 (He's actually pretty ripped look'n)
    • Jose Contreras 6'4''-245 (He's big, but really not much of an option here, he's too old and more fatty looking than muscle)
    • Brian Anderson 6'2''-220 (Smaller, but quicker)
    • Nick Masset 6'4''-235 (Another big boy, but he's got some chunk)
    • Andrew Sisco 6'10''-270 (Team giant)

This offseason is too boring, so I'm going to have to bring this needed question up.

In an all out brawl, judging by strength, size, agility, speed, etc. which Sox player would win??

Of the 10 candidate I listed, I'd actually have to go with Brian Anderson because he's quicker than any of them. All the other Sox players that are quick are too small.

I don't think that Massett Anderson or Sisco belong on the list because they're all AAA players. I'd replace them with Konerko, Fields and Buehrle. I think that Buerhle would be tough and scrappy, just like the way he pitches but my money overall would go on Fields, compact, quick and powerful, plus i think he's an Okie. He just edges out Buehrle

Out of the players you have listed, I say big Bobby Jenks.

Edited by bighurt4life

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 01:10 AM)
Jose Contreras 6'4''-245 (He's big, but really not much of an option here, he's too old and more fatty looking than muscle)

I read somewhere on this board that the guy is like ridiculously rock solid and if anything he over trains. Not sure if "fatty" is accurate at all.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
I said Brian Anderson; I assume that with how much he parties, he has quite a bit of experience. I will always take experience in this situation.

If this was a hocley team, he's the guy you would want out there in the fight, no way you would want to risk a third line player ;)

I've got time and nothing to do at this moment. I'll preface it by saying this is merely my opinion on the matter and I don't encourage fighting or want to REALLY see any of our players fight.

AJ Pierzynski 6'3''-240 -- I'm unimpressed by AJ. With the way he let Scott Podsednik do the fighting for him and his only response to being punched in the face was to slap himself and go off flapping his arms like a bird. No defending himself when he taunted Padilla from the dugout and got beaned TWICE for it (that's the Texas scuttlebutt: he was talking s*** from the dugout and so he got hit; I happen to believe that over Padilla magically deciding to hit him). I kind of think he's wimpy, in pure fighting terms. He's clearly a "tough" guy in that he's out there so often, catching, but I don't think he's much of a fighter. Kind of a typical irritatant who can't and won't fight. A "bully" if you will.

Jim Thome 6'3''-250 -- Jim could do some real damage to someone. He charged someone once, tackled him, hit him once I think and told him not to move or he'd hit him more. "Just stay there." I forget the dude's name -- he was a reliever.

Bobby Jenks 6'3''-275 -- Jenks is a beast.

Matt Thornton 6'6''-230 -- I don't see it from Matt. The "killer instinct" or the aggressiveness, but with those long arms I think he could kick the s*** out of someone if he wanted. I don't know if he could take a few hard shots, though.

Jermaine Dye 6'5''-240 (Large man, but not a stick) -- I'll bet Dye could kick some ass but I'm not sure he could take someone like Thome and I definitely don't think he could take Jenks.

A Healthy Joe Crede 6'2''- 230 (He's actually pretty ripped look'n) -- I put him just ahead of Thornton on the White Sox Boxing Depth Chart.

Jose Contreras 6'4''-245 (He's big, but really not much of an option here, he's too old and more fatty looking than muscle) -- As others have said -- he's a beast. I think Contreras would probably be the best Sox fighter. He's tough and built.

Brian Anderson 6'2''-220 (Smaller, but quicker) -- No way, crazy haymakers at anyone around be damned.

Nick Masset 6'4''-235 (Another big boy, but he's got some chunk) -- I'm not even going to comment.

Andrew Sisco 6'10''-270 (Team giant) -- Huge, but clumsy looking. At the least, he's got size but I don't see much else.

Other guys: Uribe!!!!!!! Wonder how he'd swing.

It's a moot question because after hearing about the fight, Carlton Fisk would show up and whip them all.

You know...Carlton Fisk doesn't do push ups.he pushes the Earth down!!!!!

(Then again.....if a tag team was needed, Fisk would call on the awsomeness that is Dan Pasqua and all would be over!!!)

QUOTE(G&T @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
The answer is Jenks. All he needs is a couple shots of whiskey and he should be ready to go.

Right on. And then they play that "Pop Goes the Weasel" song and he goes all crazy and beats everybody up. . .

No, wait, that was Curly from the Three Stooges. Dang, I always get him and Jenks mixed up.

:D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Nov 26, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
Jim Thome 6'3''-250 -- Jim could do some real damage to someone. He charged someone once, tackled him, hit him once I think and told him not to move or he'd hit him more. "Just stay there." I forget the dude's name -- he was a reliever.

Is this really true? Was that in his Indian or Phillie days?