Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers

fathom

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 11:00 PM)
According to Rotoworld, Miggy and Willis are headed to Detroit for Mahem, Miller and 4 prospects.

OUCH! Kudos to the Tigers...and this honestly should make KW consider becoming a seller more than a buyer. The Sox are more f***ed now than they were 20 minutes ago.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys. I'm just not buying this. I'm hearing it will take all 4 of those players mentioned...

ok

Fields...Love him, but Miggy is 20x the hitter Josh is

Gio...great spect, but we've dealt him before and he repeated AA

Danks...shoot, i love his moxie, but he's not the next Steve Carlton

Floyd...lol...IF YA insist

Only Danks would be a net loss to next years team (as he was expecting to be in the rotation) and the loss of Fields is easily taken care of by the addition of Miggy

Losing Gio MAY or MAY NOT affect this franchise in 2009 and while he did ok down the stretch no one here will cry about moving Gavin Floyd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:01 PM)
OUCH! Kudos to the Tigers...and this honestly should make KW consider becoming a seller more than a buyer. The Sox are more f***ed now than they were 20 minutes ago.

The Sox would have to do a lot of improving to compete with the revamped Detroit roster if true.

Well dont worry, the championship pitching that people are afraid to give up can give up homer after homer in the cell to him next year. Cabrera >>> everything we have

See this second part of that article:

White Sox eyeing Andruw Jones

The Chicago White Sox are interested in free-agent center fielder Andruw Jones.

The addition of Jones, a 10-time Gold Glove Award winner, would further strengthen the White Sox -- who recently added 2007 American League Gold Glove shortstop Orlando Cabrera -- defensively and give the team five players -- Jones, Cabrera, Jim Thome, Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko -- who averaged 89 RBIs and 250 total bases apiece in 2007.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
According to Rotoworld, Miggy and Willis are headed to Detroit for Maybin, Miller and 4 prospects.

good god...Maybin and Miller are studs...then they add 4 more spects to the deal. Geesh...had our minor league system not been such crap, we'd maybe could have gotten him...NOW? We'll have to compete against him.

The worm just turned

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
I wonder how legit that article is. First he marks that Danks and Floyd are close in value, not directly but he says "and" one of them. Second, he misspells Gio with "Geo" and third, he calls Danks a right hander. Nothing huge with the last two, but makes me wonder how much knowledge this guy has of the SOx players, esp. if he think that Danks=Floyd, I mean c'mon, thats ridiculous.

Kenny is very crafty. When the Marlins accept, we will point out that we have no Geo Gonzalez, nor any rh John Danks. Cabrera for Fields, baby! :headbang :D

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
We assume "they" are "there"

This guy could be sitting up in the news room making it up (unlikely, but possible)

No, what I meant is the other teams are there. If the halls are buzzing, wouldn't the other teams know that?

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:03 PM)
See this second part of that article:

White Sox eyeing Andruw Jones

The Chicago White Sox are interested in free-agent center fielder Andruw Jones.

The addition of Jones, a 10-time Gold Glove Award winner, would further strengthen the White Sox -- who recently added 2007 American League Gold Glove shortstop Orlando Cabrera -- defensively and give the team five players -- Jones, Cabrera, Jim Thome, Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko -- who averaged 89 RBIs and 250 total bases apiece in 2007.

The Dodgers were going to offer Jones a contract until Boras threw out a few numbers. They didn't bother. I am on record as saying the White Sox signing Andruw Jones would be the most shocking signing in team history.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
Burn the farm down, whatever it takes get Cabrera. If we have to face him with Maggs, Shefield, and the rest we are f***ed.

Granderson, Renteria, Cabrera, Ordonez, Sheffield, Guillen, Rodriguez, Jones, Polanco = oh my god