Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers

fathom

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
It actually was part of the article that started this thread. I have a feeling that "announcement" has been canceled.

I think you're right.

Maybe the "announcement" is to announce we've extended ORLANDO Cabrera. :crying

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:26 PM)
it was on the radio and someone said it was a blurb on espn hd, maybe we thought we had him, then the Tigers upped their initial deal to block it.

I think we sign Andruw Jones in the next few hours though.

This supposed announcement ought to be interesting. :gosox3:

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
I would take signing Jones over trading some ridiculous package for Cabrera, but if it was for the package mentioned...well, that would have been fine by me...

Hmm, I'm starting to think that 2 years of Andruw > outlandish package of prospects that we are already thin on for Cabrera.

Don't get me wrong, I want Miggy, but I want a farm system too.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
I think KW just got his clock cleaned... by Detoilet no less...

3 more f***ing wins gets us out of the top 3 in the 08 draft. Now our rotten minor league system cant get us s*** because its so barren.

90 losses might be something we see for a while on the southside.

the certainly upgraded their lineup...and now that inge will probably be traded that is gonna drive the market down for crede as well....too bad dontrelle is gonna get lit up in the AL and the tigers after trading for renteria and cabrera have no farm system...oh well...granderson polanco cabrera sheffield maggs guillen renteria pudge jones damn

QUOTE(gar102 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
I think Kenny got schooled again and another team came in at the last moment and stole his player.

Didnt help that Ozzie kept saying how miggy was getting in shape

DING!

These guys if this happened this way need to STFU.

So it looks like KW thought he had him and FLA used our offer to get Detroit to trade basically half their farm system, and probably also take crappy Willis. I sense KW is going to sign Jones at whatever cost, and prob try to deal for a pitcher and hope that is enough to take the division.

Its gonna sucks getting lit up by Mcab for the next 7 years, but at least detoilet will have to spend a gazillion dollars on him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 06:33 PM)
3 more f***ing wins gets us out of the top 3 in the 08 draft. Now our rotten minor league system cant get us s*** because its so barren.

90 losses might be something we see for a while on the southside.

DING!!!!

This is what the Sox have always done...always good enough to avoid getting great players. The Bears could easily go 4-12 this year and get a stud pick, but Devin Hester will return 12 TDs and the Bears will crawl to the 16th overall with an 8-8 record.

Why are the Blackhawks getting good? Because they sucked so bad for so long, now some of those elite draft picks are starting to make an impact.

I don't want to suck, but if the season is a lost cause, tank the sucker and rebuild.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Hmm, I'm starting to think that 2 years of Andruw > outlandish package of prospects that we are already thin on for Cabrera.

Don't get me wrong, I want Miggy, but I want a farm system too.

The farm system is awful you are not losing anything longterm as it is now!

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
the certainly upgraded their lineup...and now that inge will probably be traded that is gonna drive the market down for crede as well....too bad dontrelle is gonna get lit up in the AL and the tigers after trading for renteria and cabrera have no farm system...oh well...granderson polanco cabrera sheffield maggs guillen renteria pudge jones damn

The problem is the White Sox have no farm system either, and a ton of holes on the major league level. KW is just going to have to move on and try to put together a solid team and hope the breaks go the White Sox way in 2008. Right now, talent-wise there is no comparision between Detroit and the White Sox.

QUOTE(gar102 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
I think Kenny got schooled again and another team came in at the last moment and stole his player.

Didnt help that Ozzie kept saying how miggy was getting in shape

How many times have we seen that the sox are on the verge of something, only to have someone swoop in last minute to raid the goods. Kenny should just shut the f*** up, and keep under the radar like the talks about. Between him and Guillen running their mouths everyone knows the plan.