Crede close to going to Brewers

DBAHO

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Yes, he would. He's a .750 OPS SS/2B/3B/CF who put up a .900 OPS in 2006 who is also signed through 2010; Orlando Cabrera, who is better but only signed through this year, cost Jon Garland. Why in the hell would Bill Hall cost less than that?

Bill Hall is out of the question unless KW really wants to include one of his top pitching prospects in a desperation move (which is exactly what it would be); that would be stupid as hell.

You bring up 2006, why not 2007?

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Why are we trading for prospects if Kenny's stated goal is the championship ?

because building a minor league organization is important not only for developing players, but for trading for players....ya know like miguel cabrera

btw if anyone thinks we will get anything of value for crede, i think you are delusional...ill be happy just to get his salary off the books...ditto uribe...that would clear up 8-10 valuable million off the books and really allow us to go after a FA. Honestly, if I'm KW i sit on the money for a year and invest it next year. This years FA pool is horrendous as currently constructed....next year we could have alot to spend as cabrera will likely be off the books and maybe even thome (depending on what we do with his option)

Edited by daa84

Is Corey Hart still on the Brewers? If so, i could see him in this deal more than Hall

P.S. Am i the only one against trading Crede. When healthy he one of the best players on this team and definitely the best fielder. I say let him play see if he is healthy and if he is, man up and deal with boras to keep him here .

Edited by soxfan3530

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
Wow, this might be the funniest post of the night (no offense)

lol i thought the same thing....

currently the brewers pay hart 0 to produce at a level beyond just about everyone on our team except for thome and konerko probably....

the brewers actually have 3 guys like that in braun fielder and hart....they pay a combined 1.5 million.....again, see why its a good thing to have a farm system?

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
Wow, this might be the funniest post of the night (no offense)

I'm not sure why it's funny. I don't want Hart but I know the Sox have actually shown interest in him before and he is not considered to have a high ceiling, especially compared to Hall. He had a nice year last year but he is nothing special if that is what you are getting at.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
because building a minor league organization is important not only for developing players, but for trading for players....ya know like miguel cabrera

I think it's extremely difficult to try and win now, and at the same time, restock your minor league talent.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
I'm not sure why it's funny. I don't want Hart but I know the Sox have actually shown interest in him before and he is not considered to have a high ceiling, especially compared to Hall. He had a nice year last year but he is nothing special if that is what you are getting at.

0/30 GMs in this league would trade corey hart for joe crede

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 07:43 PM)
Is Corey Hart still on the Brewers? If so, i could see him in this deal more than Hall

P.S. Am i the only one against trading Crede. When healthy he one of the best players on this team and definitely the best fielder. I say let him play see if he is healthy and if he is, man up and deal with boras to keep him here .

I too prefer keeping Crede just because he's not worth much now. I'd prefer to trade Konerko and plug Fields in at 1st base. It would be a lot easier for Fields to play 1st than left field.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:49 PM)
I think it's extremely difficult to try and win now, and at the same time, restock your minor league talent.

really? i think the yankees red sox and dodgers have managed to do it pretty effectively over the last 4 years....

its all about investing money in scouting, in the draft, and in amateur talent in other countries...not necessarily just trading away vets for prospects (though that helps, but now a days cheap players are more and more valuable to the point where nobody wants to trade them)

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
lol i thought the same thing....

currently the brewers pay hart 0 to produce at a level beyond just about everyone on our team except for thome and konerko probably....

the brewers actually have 3 guys like that in braun fielder and hart....they pay a combined 1.5 million.....again, see why its a good thing to have a farm system?

OK nevermind. I didnt know Hart had such a good contract. I will now shut up.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
Bill Hall is someone the Sox are very very interested in.

He could play CF and the Brewers still have a major need in the pen. I know I'd rather have MacDougall closing than Riske closing (Mac has actually suceeded at that spot). Could a MacDougall/Crede/Prospect for Hall trade work out (of course Hall doesn't exactly fill the top of the order).

I think it is more likely you'd see Crede for a starting pitcher or a prospect or two (not a great prospect).

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
I think there's no way they'd move Corey Hart so I think you are off on that but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was Hall. That said, my money is on this being Chris Capuano to the White Sox. I would bet on it

theres no way crede is even worth that much....hes a guy who has 1 year left on his contract and isnt even guaranteed to start the year healthy...on top of that any team knows he wont be extended as boras will certainly test free agency...in addition the sox have no leverage because the quentin and ocabrera deals basically ensure that fields will be at 3b and we will just be desperate to dump credes 5 mil anywerhe.....ill be happy with a nick masset/ andy sisco type addition for crede

Has anyone looked at the Brewer's system? What kind of guys are in their top 20 or so?

You know. You're toying with me right now. I mention LaPorta a lot on here and routinely get shot down. It's fun and I won't mention the story behind it because I sense people are getting aggitated with my man-crush on him, when it is merely just a great opportunity I see to acquire a guy like him.

Also, I was informed he can't be dealt for a year since he was drafted. That I believe is true but I saw a report that the A's and Dbacks were discussing deals but talks didnt go far because they were insisting on Scherzer (Mizzou boy and guy I would love to have here). So I am not sure what the actual rule is as far as time before getting dealt.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
OK nevermind. I didnt know Hart had such a good contract. I will now shut up.

im sorry, i didnt mean to sound harsh...its just been a long day for sox fans...at this point i just dont think crede has much value at all...and hart is good, young and cheap...something i desperately wish the sox had (which is why i was happy about quentin...actually corey hart is a good comp for what quentin could be in a year or two - minus the speed probably)

Talks between the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers about third baseman Scott Rolen have cooled because, according to one source who spoke with the two teams, the Cardinals are hesitant to trade Rolen within the division.

this seems relevant.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
theres no way crede is even worth that much....hes a guy who has 1 year left on his contract and isnt even guaranteed to start the year healthy...on top of that any team knows he wont be extended as boras will certainly test free agency...in addition the sox have no leverage because the quentin and ocabrera deals basically ensure that fields will be at 3b and we will just be desperate to dump credes 5 mil anywerhe.....ill be happy with a nick masset/ andy sisco type addition for crede

That is why i think it would be dumb to trade crede right now. His value is at an all-time low. They might as well, start with him in the season and hope he gets hot. Then trade him for more or sign him. And not to sound to much like White Sox brass but with how last season and this offseason have gone down, it might not be the smartest move to trade a fan favorite like crede right now for some mid-level prospects.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Gwynn Jr. wouldn't even be in the majors if not for who his father is.

That is a bunch of BS. His bat may not pan out but the guy would make almost any bench in baseball based on his defensive skill set and defensive versatility.

QUOTE(soxpride77 @ Dec 4, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Hall wouldn't cost that. He didn't have that great of a year last year, and he is not a superstar.

I'm all for Tony Gwynn Jr. I think he is ready to break out if he gets regular at bats. the Brewers have too crowded an outfield.

Hall would cost that. He can put up an .800 OPS at SS and is under contract for 3 years.