Mitchell Report Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
Is their any complete list of the players out there yet? Or will it take a bit for someone to actually read through the report and give us a complete straight out listing of each player.

This was the list as best as I could put together. (Sorry if I missed anyone):

Marvin Benard, Barry Bonds. Bobby Estalella, Jason Giambi. Jeremy Giambi, Benito Santiago, Gary Sheffield, Randy Velarde, Lenny Dykstra, David Segui, Larry Bigbie, Brian Roberts, Jack Cust, Tim Laker, Josias Manzanillo, Todd Hundley, Mark Carreon, Hal Morris, Matt Franco, Rondell White, Roger Clemens, Chuck Knoblauch, Jason Grimsley, Gregg Zaun, David Justice, F.P. Santangelo, Glenallen Hill, Mo Vaughn, Denny Neagle, Ron Villone, Ryan Franklin, Chris Donnels, Todd Williams, Phil Hiatt, Todd Pratt, Kevin Young, Mike Lansing, Cody McKay, Kent Mercker, Adam Piatt, Miguel Tejada, Jason Christiansen, Mike Stanton, Stephen Randolph, Jerry Hairston, Jr., Paul Lo Duca, Adam Riggs, Bart Miadich, Fernando Vina, Kevin Brown, Eric Gagné, Mike Bell, Matt Herges, Gary Bennett, Jr., Jim Parque, Brendan Donnelly, Chad Allen, Jeff Williams, Howie Clark, Nook Logan, Daniel Naulty, Jay Gibbons, Rick Ankiel, David Bell, Paul Byrd, Jose Canseco, Troy Glaus, Jason Grimsley, Jose Guillen, Darren Holmes, Gary Matthews, Jr., John Rocker, Scott Schoeneweis, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams, Steve Woodard

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1548718

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
I like on page 216 how the Dodgers had a meeting and suspected the Kevin Brown was roidin, then traded him 2 months later. LOL

Kevin Brown – getting to the age of nagging injuries . . . Question

what kind of medication he takes . . . Effectiveness goes down

covering 1st base or running bases. Common in soccer players and

are more susceptible if you take meds to increase your muscles –

doesn’t increase the attachments. Is he open to adjusting how he

takes care of himself? He knows he now needs to do stuff before

coming to spring training to be ready. Steroids speculated by

GM.422

Less than two months later, the Dodgers traded Brown to the Yankees.423

In order to provide Brown with information about these allegations and to give

him an opportunity to respond, I asked him to meet with me; he declined.

Sorry if I missed this, but I think that the most important thing to come out of this report (if MLB and MLBPA implement it) is an independent testing authority. If they have the right to randomly test at any time of the year and do it, it will be a great benefit, and the benefit may leak into other USA based sports, such as football.

I sincerely hope that this gets done without Congress having to step in again. Whether Don Fehr will allow it, I don't know.

Information Provided by a Former Major League Player

Matt Karchner pitched for two teams in Major League Baseball between 1995 and

2000, the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox. Members of my investigative staff

contacted him as part of our effort to interview former major league players.

Karchner said that during spring training in 1999, he observed two of his Chicago

Cubs teammates inject themselves with steroids in an apartment that Karchner was sharing with

them. Karchner declined to identify the players. He said that one of the players brought the

steroids to the apartment but was afraid of needles and therefore asked the second player to

administer the shot. The second player injected the first player with steroids in the buttocks and

then injected himself.

Later that season, Karchner was offered steroids by certain of his Cubs

teammates. Karchner would not disclose the names of players who offered him steroids, but he

said that the conversations he had with them involved the general cost of steroids and discussions

of “stacking” to build lean muscle necessary for pitchers. Karchner did not report either of these

incidents to anyone at the time.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
Sorry if I missed this, but I think that the most important thing to come out of this report (if MLB and MLBPA implement it) is an independent testing authority. If they have the right to randomly test at any time of the year and do it, it will be a great benefit, and the benefit may leak into other USA based sports, such as football.

I sincerely hope that this gets done without Congress having to step in again. Whether Don Fehr will allow it, I don't know.

I agree that would be good, but, still leaves the HGH hole. Need to come up with a plan on how to address that. Still requires a blood test, I think.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
Information Provided by a Former Major League Player

Matt Karchner pitched for two teams in Major League Baseball between 1995 and

2000, the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox. Members of my investigative staff

contacted him as part of our effort to interview former major league players.

Karchner said that during spring training in 1999, he observed two of his Chicago

Cubs teammates inject themselves with steroids in an apartment that Karchner was sharing with

them. Karchner declined to identify the players. He said that one of the players brought the

steroids to the apartment but was afraid of needles and therefore asked the second player to

administer the shot. The second player injected the first player with steroids in the buttocks and

then injected himself.

Later that season, Karchner was offered steroids by certain of his Cubs

teammates. Karchner would not disclose the names of players who offered him steroids, but he

said that the conversations he had with them involved the general cost of steroids and discussions

of “stacking” to build lean muscle necessary for pitchers. Karchner did not report either of these

incidents to anyone at the time.

Cubs were a pharmacy.