Cloverfield thread

knightni

Fotop, I don't really agree with anything you've said.. I don't know where you are getting your ideas about this

Like, im not gonna bash you for not liking the movie because thats just how it is, some will love it some wont.. but the way I see it is a movie like this is made to be entertaining..

Its not like they could have had the monster attack, Rob gets Beths call but instead says "Well shes prolly dead and its too risky to go back, lets just go to the chopper." They go to the chopper, leave, end of movie.

A real life example would be if there was a fire and one of your family members were stuck inside. Sure, you could die or they could already be dead but you would still go in no matter what.

Anyways, its a movie. I never really understood why people waste time complaining about unrealistic events in movies.

Like I said though, this is not meant to flame you.

Edited by knightni

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
I unfortunately can't comment on the movie too much because I had to leave about 20 min. in due to motion sickness. I handled blair witch just fine but this movie was out of control. A few others left just after me as well. :angry:

In other words, you would have been eaten by the monster

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)

I really struggle to realize why it was any more dangerous for him to head back for Beth than any other course of action he could have taken...people were getting randomly whacked all over the place, doing any number of things...

Because they were heading right at the monster and into the line of fire of the military. Not that smart.

And... at the time, the military didn't know about the parasites yet; whom I think were even more dangerous than the big monster itself.

These types of irrational stories of the romantic power of love, and the hero going to save the girl against all odds are the part of the movie formula. Hell how many tickets would of Titanic sold if the movie started out with a 100 year old man, who had a life of liquor,women and excess after happening to be one of the survivors who happened to find this big jewel. Yet we have to suspend belief and say that some random chick engaged to another guy gives it up to him after what a few days and then he gives his life for her. Sure that happens in reality. But myself as well as a lot of guys on here were dragged to that movie about sillyness. If any of us were Rob, its leave the city and impress a whole new set of girls about your near death experience with the monster. Hell you can make up the entire, I went to go save her but the monster is too big. Who is going to refute that. And HUD, the minute my friend decides to move towards the monster. I give it 2 blocks to convince him its stupid. Then its off the island to find another friend, and impress the girls with my battling the monster story.

SPOILER:

Ya know, people rush into burning buildings and lose their lives to save loved ones quite often.

People don't move off of volcanos though they know how dangerous it is to live there.

Are you really going to tell me you have a hard time accepting human stupidity? Though I don't consider the reason of "saving loved ones" a stupid reason. But in all reality the movie could have been about him going back to save his original Atari 5600 in its box and it would have been VERY true to life.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
I wish more movies would show less in the previews.It really made for a more enjoyable experience with this one.I enjoyed the pre release talk,the movie itself, and the talk after the movie.I really cant ask for more.

I agree, it was killing me to know what the monster looked like

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
Why the f*** do we have to use Spoiler tags.. this is no longer a speculation thread, its the movie thread.

It clearly says spoilers, if people don't want to know they wont read it.

Because it is a thread with spoilers in it and I would please prefer that spoiler tags be used.

Kind of off topic but I saw this brought up in the imdb message boards.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/06/13/bloop/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

And I read this interview with the director and he says the monster is supposed to be a baby, sort of suffering from separation anxiety, and disorientation.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41100

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 01:19 PM)
Kind of off topic but I saw this brought up in the imdb message boards.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/06/13/bloop/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

And I read this interview with the director and he says the monster is supposed to be a baby, sort of suffering from separation anxiety, and disorientation.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41100

wierd!!!

Interesting note for you LOST fans out there... there are apparently a few "cross overs" or "easter eggs" in the movie with connections to LOST.

I dont think this is spoilerish so, i wont tag it, but...

1) Beth's last name... McIntyre. As in Hugh McIntyre, Communications Director of the Hanso Foundation

2) Lily's Last name.. Ford. As in James "Sawyer" Ford.

3) There is a screen shot of the lower right hand corner of the screen at the beginning. Apparently a Dharma logo flashes for less than a second.

Apparently Abrams did an interview and said he put Lost easter eggs into the movie, but they have no connection to Lost whatsoever

• 2 weeks later...