Hillary Clinton - Why the hate?

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:22 AM)
Infidelity in the White House. Roosevelt. Kennedy. Clinton. Maybe I should switch parties!

Well, at least FDR and Kennedy knew the press would protect them...Clinton had just a BIT more reason to keep it in his pants...

QUOTE(iamshack @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:28 AM)
Well, at least FDR and Kennedy knew the press would protect them...Clinton had just a BIT more reason to keep it in his pants...

Now that you refered to FDR by his initials, and of course JFK was widely used, it reminded me that LBJ was supposed to have some dalliances as well. What's Obama's middle name again?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
Now that you refered to FDR by his initials, and of course JFK was widely used, it reminded me that LBJ was supposed to have some dalliances as well. What's Obama's middle name again?

Just listen to right-wing talk radio, you'll never miss "Barack HUSSEIN!!!! Obama"

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
Another great example of why hate Hillary, how many other candidates do we judge by their spouses?

Fred Thompson.

Rudy 9iu11ani, only because he kept interrupting his campaign events to take her calls.

Dick Cheney...because one of his wife's children is a lesbian. That's right America, did you hear? She's a lesbian. I told you, lesbian. Hey, Mr. Debate Moderator, did you know that one of Dick Cheney's daughters is a lesbian?

John Edwards, perhaps the best other example of this campaign season, because his wife took a very active role in the campaign. And furthermore, an awful lot of pundits took it upon themselves to judge the Edwards family, usually in a poor fashion, because he continued the campaign after the health related announcement they made last year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)

LBJ would NEVER cheat on Ladybird! :lol:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:38 AM)
Oh bulls***. Nobody cares, or at least no one cares that matters.

I am so glad it distilled to that. Early one it seemed it was getting some traction and that would have been wrong

unfortunately people do. If you beat it into the ground enough, it gets ingrained into a persons mind. On a subliminal level, HUSSEIN = Saddam HUSSEIN. Simple as that.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
You are missing the point. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. Of the 100% of resident of both Cabrini and the Robert Taylor homes that signed off on Daly's plan to turn the projects area into mixed income for both a new living standard only 15% are living in those mixed use homes. The majority live no where near Chicago, their jobs lost, relocated against their will when they have SIGNED contracts to right of property. How is that acceptable? Are we going back to Old father Daly's plan to ride around in fire trucks spraying down the homeless to get them to leave now.

Can I ask an honest question here?

How exactly would the situation have changed if all of residents were just given a rebuilt neighborhood? My understanding was that the residents could move to communities which would give their family greater opportunity educationally if moved to Tinley/Orland/Villa Park/Gurnee as oppossed to living in the Robert Taylor Homes. The housing projects as I understand them were not a socially viable commune for long term success for those living there.

What jobs were the inhabitants of the Robert Taylor homes and Cabrini Green displaced from that were inaccessible from their new location?

I am not naive enough to think there was no personal gain due to this process and the "rich got richer". I unfortunatly view this as a way of life for those with political power. I also do not see how the people living in these housing projects were unjustly treated unless you are telling me they were removed from their homes and not given another living arrangement as I was lead ot beleive the environment they were living in was not at all desirable.

From someone who has spent many hours phone banking for Obama let me tell you it matters to some people out there. They refuse to vote for a muslim even though a muslim is not running in this cycle.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Can I ask an honest question here?

How exactly would the situation have changed if all of residents were just given a rebuilt neighborhood? My understanding was that the residents could move to communities which would give their family greater opportunity educationally if moved to Tinley/Orland/Villa Park/Gurnee as oppossed to living in the Robert Taylor Homes. The housing projects as I understand them were not a socially viable commune for long term success for those living there.

What jobs were the inhabitants of the Robert Taylor homes and Cabrini Green displaced from that were inaccessible from their new location?

I am not naive enough to think there was no personal gain due to this process and the "rich got richer". I unfortunatly view this as a way of life for those with political power. I also do not see how the people living in these housing projects were unjustly treated unless you are telling me they were removed from their homes and not given another living arrangement as I was lead ot beleive the environment they were living in was not at all desirable.

Well the personal gain is that City property has become so much more valuable than it was previously. Especially when you consider the Cabrini-Green area, which happened to be located in between two of the more wealthy areas of the City in the Gold Coast and Lincoln Park. It's going to be nearly impossible to keep an area like that away from developers in a rapidly gentrifying city. It's not so much a matter of corruption as it is simply the basics of capitalism.

Believe it or not, there is also personal gain to be made by developers in creating homes or buildings for the poor or the elderly, through federal and other tax credits, which is why I am sure Rezko was involved in those properties to begin with. So it works both ways.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
Bill Clinton is a former President and a HUGE part of her campaign. I'd say its fair to judge her on it.

And she has injected him into the campaign. That's what makes it fair game. If he was on the sidelines that would be another story.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Personally, I think its wonderful that campaign staff who work incredibly hard and long hours are actually going to be able to get paid.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't. However, lying and saying they won't when they will is the issue at hand.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
I don't think anyone said it wasn't. However, lying and saying they won't when they will is the issue at hand.

and of course she'll say she never said anything. it was an inaccurate report. But we all know reports like that dont come out without someone deep within the campaign saying it. OR, they'll spin it saying "well, we couldnt pay them, but now we can thanks to our wonderful doners".

Actually, that's what they're saying and it's probably true. They said that the influx of supporters donating to the Clinton campaign to keep the ship afloat is what's enabling our campaign staffers to keep getting paid.

So, it was a publicity ploy. To get Clinton staffers paid because they are running out of money. I don't see the problem.