Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Purdue's layout, I don't think much of Xavier if both teams win their first rd matchups and I'd love to see Duke vs Purdue.

I know I'm jumping ahead but two similar style teams that could be fun.

Baylor over Purdue won't happen, at least it better not.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
The west is AWFUL, Gage should be feeling good.

I love UCLA as is, but there bracket looks pretty solid. I would cry if they ended up playing Duke and lost though. God I hate Duke.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
I love Purdue's layout, I don't think much of Xavier if both teams win their first rd matchups and I'd love to see Duke vs Purdue.

I know I'm jumping ahead but two similar style teams that could be fun.

Baylor over Purdue won't happen, at least it better not.

You are underestimating Baylor. Baylor is a pretty darn good team. If they are on offensively they have a shot at routing Purdue.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
I love UCLA as is, but there bracket looks pretty solid. I would cry if they ended up playing Duke and lost though. God I hate Duke.

Every bracket looks solid when your team is in it, so trust me I understand. But trust me, you guys got a sweetheart deal with that bracket. UCLA fans can start buying final four tickets.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Every bracket looks solid when your team is in it, so trust me I understand. But trust me, you guys got a sweetheart deal with that bracket. UCLA fans can start buying final four tickets.

When I say solid, I meant that in a good way for UCLA. They have a pretty clear path to Duke and I consider Duke the weakest of the 2's. So I'm completely with you on that. Of course anything can happen.

Looking at bracketology, it appears that Lunardi got every single team right this year. You know ESPN is going to be tooting that horn non stop come this time next year.

And UNC is technically the #1 overall seed as they play the play in game winner and don't have to leave their own state until the Final Four, but the #1 overall seed is supposed to get the easiest region, and UCLA got that and it's not even close.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
I'm just still trying to figure out how UCLA could possibly be the #1 overall #1 seed.

Well they did play in the toughest conference in the country and had wins against a lot of quality opponents (Stanford multiple times, Washington State Multiple times, USC multiple times, etc). I think that is what helped them but there is no arguing that they got the easiest bracket which would thus make them the #1 overall seed.

I had them as the #2 behind UNC (I think what UNC is pretty impressive, ie, the zero road losses all season).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
You are underestimating Baylor. Baylor is a pretty darn good team. If they are on offensively they have a shot at routing Purdue.

Oh please, Purdue is also a solid shooting team and play a lot better defense than Baylor.

I've seen Baylor a couple times, I'm really not all that worried about the matchup.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Lundardi got every team in the field correct in his last bracketology, just not the seedings. Pretty impressive.

I wonder how much access he had to the committee though.

Considering his late shift of Villanova for Illinois St., I would say that he has a ton of access.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
BTW, the committee absolutely loves pairing mid majors together the last 2 years.

I can't decide if they do that because they want to see at least some mid majors in the 2nd round with a shot at the Sweet 16, or if they want mid majors gone as quickly as possible.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)
I can't decide if they do that because they want to see at least some mid majors in the 2nd round with a shot at the Sweet 16, or if they want mid majors gone as quickly as possible.

I personally hate it, it's much more fun to have the mid majors play the big boys. That's why imo you didn't have as many upsets last season in the first round.