Spring Training is Officially Here

joejoesox

my excitement has officially started :)

some interesting quotes from ozz-ball:

"Last year, I backed off a little bit," Guillen said. "I thought players were getting tired of 'There goes Ozzie again.' But if they get tired, good, that's the way I'm going to handle stuff. "

"I'm getting back to being Ozzie," Guillen said. "I'm going to have fun and smile with the players, but if I have to scream at someone, I'm going to do it. I don't [care] if I'm going to be on every TV and people hate me for that. I get paid to win."

Guillen plans to sit down with Uribe upon his arrival to discuss the personal grievances coming from Uribe losing his starting shortstop job to Orlando Cabrera.

"I'm going to be honest with him and expect him to be honest with me," said Guillen of Uribe. "If he's not happy or comfortable or being here would be bad for the club, then let me know and I'll let Kenny know and he can make a decision. I would love to keep him. "

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

The drama begins today!

Edited by joesaiditstrue

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :headbang

also i hope Uribe tells Ozzie that "being here would be bad for the club" then he can run off to KW and tell him to slice him!

The only demands that will be made will be from his belly screaming for more cakes and pie.

Cakes and Pie will wind up as our 2nd baseman because of the "he can carry us" factor. I wonder however who can carry him. :ph34r:

Edited by southsideirish71

Uribe still has a shot at being the starting 2b. If i were him i would focus on that. I think the three battles this spring training will be fun to watch.

1) Uribe vs Richar- The battle for the 9th place hitter in the lineup should be interesting. Im guessing whoever can bunt better and get on base more will win this battle. Because defensively im sure Uribe has more range than RIchar but it should be close.

2) Floyd-Danks vs Massett, Haegar, Broadway, and Egbert.- I think Floyd and Danks have the upper edge given the experience but almost every spring training there is that one suprise player who makes the team. If we get that suprise player this spring it will most likely come from a starting pitcher.

3) Owens vs Quentin- Both will make the team for sure. But who will be the every day 3rd outfielder? Quentin has dominated the minor leagues, putting up monster #s in the OBP and BA. However, Jerry Owens has shown he can be an effective everyday leadoff hitter if given the oppurtunity. I think Quentin has the edge, but due to Ozzie's preference for that traditional speedy leadoff hitter I think this can go either way..

** Fields vs Crede- KW said both will not be on the team together come opening day. This pretty much means the end for Crede as a White Sox. It should still be interesting to see how Crede does. What happens if he is too impressive to let go? Will that increase his trade value enough to get a solid starting pitcher? I think that is what we are all hoping for.......

2008 is finally here... im not sure what to expect at this point....

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
I noticed the Tigers pictures that have been uploaded can't be enlarged with the normal method. The first Spring pictures are normally full size.

Yeah, I just checked that out as well. Hopefully they'll have the full sized versions coming.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 01:01 PM)
I noticed the Tigers pictures that have been uploaded can't be enlarged with the normal method. The first Spring pictures are normally full size.

I thought it depended on the source. Presswire pics cannot be enlarged, but AP and other sources can. Is that correct?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
I thought it depended on the source. Presswire pics cannot be enlarged, but AP and other sources can. Is that correct?

Yeah, you're right I didn't even look at the captions. Good call. Any photo by the AP or Getty can be enlarged.

per chicagosports.com

35722608.jpg

wont be seeing that for long!! :P

35722583.jpg

they really made his hair too big of an issue ..

i guess thats all ill post dont want to whore it up with pictures from the site

theres one of Danks and he has the Bill Cowher look on .. its quite entertaining ... and Pedro Gomez was there from espn .. shouldnt he be at Bonds house watching his every move?

Edited by JFields27

per chicagosports.com

wont be seeing that for long!! :P

35722583.jpg

they really made his hair too big of an issue ..

i guess thats all ill post dont want to whore it up with pictures from the site

theres one of Danks and he has the Bill Cowher look on .. its quite entertaining ... and Pedro Gomez was there from espn .. shouldnt he be at Bonds house watching his every move?

BOBBY looks like Sidney Ponson

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
Uribe still has a shot at being the starting 2b. If i were him i would focus on that. I think the three battles this spring training will be fun to watch.

1) Uribe vs Richar- The battle for the 9th place hitter in the lineup should be interesting. Im guessing whoever can bunt better and get on base more will win this battle. Because defensively im sure Uribe has more range than RIchar but it should be close.

2) Floyd-Danks vs Massett, Haegar, Broadway, and Egbert.- I think Floyd and Danks have the upper edge given the experience but almost every spring training there is that one suprise player who makes the team. If we get that suprise player this spring it will most likely come from a starting pitcher.

3) Owens vs Quentin- Both will make the team for sure. But who will be the every day 3rd outfielder? Quentin has dominated the minor leagues, putting up monster #s in the OBP and BA. However, Jerry Owens has shown he can be an effective everyday leadoff hitter if given the oppurtunity. I think Quentin has the edge, but due to Ozzie's preference for that traditional speedy leadoff hitter I think this can go either way..

** Fields vs Crede- KW said both will not be on the team together come opening day. This pretty much means the end for Crede as a White Sox. It should still be interesting to see how Crede does. What happens if he is too impressive to let go? Will that increase his trade value enough to get a solid starting pitcher? I think that is what we are all hoping for.......

2008 is finally here... im not sure what to expect at this point....

I seriously question Uribe, and his extra 25 lbs of weight, range. He's got the better arm no doubt, but Richar has a good arm in his own right, and I think better with his flips to second. Also, Uribe has played exclusively SS for how many years now? The transistion might be easier said then done.

I'd be shocked if Richar did not out preform Uribe... but I won't be shocked if he doesn't get the starting job for obvious reasons.