Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 05:02 AM)
don't tell that to the bears who gave up 224 rushing yards to AP in a game last year that tavaris threw for only 136 yards while completing 9 of 23 passes (i.e. no passing game).

Im not saying its not impressive to shut him down, Im saying its easier to shut him down when you know they cant pass. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
Im not saying its not impressive to shut him down, Im saying its easier to shut him down when you know they cant pass. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule.

yea and the bears would be super bowl contenders if they had peyton manning, whats your point?

I'm just saying that even if you know the Vikings have no passing game it is still VERY tough to shut down AP. Heck, all of last year everyone knew the Vikes had no passing game and he still ran for over 1300 yards while missing 2 games due to injury and he did it as a ROOKIE.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
yea and the bears would be super bowl contenders if they had peyton manning, whats your point?

I'm just saying that even if you know the Vikings have no passing game it is still VERY tough to shut down AP. Heck, all of last year everyone knew the Vikes had no passing game and he still ran for over 1300 yards while missing 2 games due to injury and he did it as a ROOKIE.

Ya, he also slowed down towards the end of the year. Im not saying AP isnt great, Im just saying the secret is out now, so things like no passing game are going to effect his production more now that he has a bulls eye on his back as opposed to being a rookie who had a few good games. teams werent loading the box AS much the beginning of last season because AP was still new, now teams are going to force Jackson to beat them. This isnt hard to follow, its football 101 and comparing it to something like Manning being on the Bears is stupid.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
Ya, he also slowed down towards the end of the year. Im not saying AP isnt great, Im just saying the secret is out now, so things like no passing game are going to effect his production more now that he has a bulls eye on his back as opposed to being a rookie who had a few good games. teams werent loading the box AS much the beginning of last season because AP was still new, now teams are going to force Jackson to beat them. This isnt hard to follow, its football 101 and comparing it to something like Manning being on the Bears is stupid.

wanna bet he rushes for over 1300 yards again? (assuming he doesn't miss time with an injury then all bets are off)

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
wanna bet he rushes for over 1300 yards again? (assuming he doesn't miss time with an injury then all bets are off)

No, I think he will rush for over 1300 yards if he stays healthy. Youre taking what Im saying the wrong way. All Im saying is its harder to rush with no passing game, thats it. Move on already

I would bet that AP won't rush for 1300 yards, but it's because he gets injured and not because he's not talented...his running style, even in what I saw in his last game, is just conducive as hell for injuries. If he learns how or when to take a hit and go down, rather than trying to run absolutely every player over, he'll be fine.

He also got like half of those yards in 3 games (296, 224, 116 (and with the 116, you can interchange that with any game he rushed for over 100 yards)). I don't want to say you can count on a 200 yard game, but you almost have to expect that. I just don't think you can expect anything near 300 yards in a game at any point in time this season.

Also, Jason Peters is a man-beast and he finally reported, albeit after week 1 was over. The Bills just got a hell of a lot stronger offensively.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
Is Vince Young falling apart?Quarterbacks more than any other postition CANNOT be mentally weak.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3579504

Sad story that is. Shows the pressure athletes like him would be feeling.

Hopefully he fully recovers from his mental state / depression.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
Chad Ocho Cinco has to buy $4 million in C. Johnson jerseys from Reebok in order to have Ocho Cinco on the back of his.

For that much money he should be able to change his name to Chad Largepenis if thats what he wants.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
If the Bears can keep their running game going and play similar to what they did vs. Indy, they can win today.

I think they should win today. When did Carolina become some powerhouse? I think we match up well against them, especially without Smith. They dont have any receivers that our corners cant handle one on one so we can focus on stopping the run.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
I think they should win today. When did Carolina become some powerhouse? I think we match up well against them, especially without Smith. They dont have any receivers that our corners cant handle one on one so we can focus on stopping the run.

The past few years many have picked Carolina to go to the Super Bowl, but they've vastly underachieved. This year nobody picked them to go to the Super Bowl, or even to win their division. The game doesn't matter to me at all, I'll be focusing on the Chiefs sucking, but I pick the Panthers to win.