White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

Heads22

Don't forget 17-12 White Sox so don't worry, the Indians still need to score 2 more runs. Then the WS will put up a 10 spot next half inning and Jenks will shut the door in a non-save situation as Ozzie doesn't want to take any chances (especially with tomorrow off).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing aside, I'm pretty happy right now. Our offense showed a lot of life today, and the whole team played with emotion. It's just one game, and as long as this team plays hard, I'm not going to get too upset. This isn't like 2005, 2006, and 2007 where I thought it was a contending team, so it's actually more enjoyable now.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
Would anyone have rather seen Ehren Wasserman pitching to Blake there? Yeah, me too.

Oh, well. Viva Dotel.

If it makes you feel better, Dotel will likely be on the DL in a few weeks, and Wasserman will be back up.

that's why i hate pro sports. the league controls the outcomes of the games. whether it be the NBA or MLB. these are crooked organizations that need more enforcement.

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
that's why i hate pro sports. the league controls the outcomes of the games. whether it be the NBA or MLB. these are crooked organizations that need more enforcement.

Alright Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory...whatever you say.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
That would be 10-7 Indians.

What happened?

I'm actually very happy with today's game. The team showed that they could come back and they very well could still come back and prove us all wrong. It ain't over till it is over; please do not go after these umpires with fire and pitchforks.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Uh, for those who may not have the score right now, what is it, why are people s***ting a brick and why are the razor blades coming out?

sorry all the negativity from my end stems for watching university of Tennessee football over the years

QUOTE(The Beast @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
What happened?

I'm actually very happy with today's game. The team showed that they could come back and they very well could still come back and prove us all wrong. It ain't over till it is over; please do not go after these umpires with fire and pitchforks.

Fire and pitchforks would be too kind for these guys.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
I wasn't even that pissed when Mark was getting rocked. Whatever.

However when this team shows heart, claws back against the Cy Young winner, then has to battle against the AL Central Champs AND the umps, I get pissed.

That's why I'm so upset. Masset pitched his heart out, the offense came back only to be screwed by the umps, and now we're losing by 3 with 3 outs to go. It built me up and then shot it down.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
I wasn't even that pissed when Mark was getting rocked. Whatever.

However when this team shows heart, claws back against the Cy Young winner, then has to battle against the AL Central Champs AND the umps, I get pissed.

I believe our run to the World Series title was chalked full of blown calls so eventually things even out. I am just glad its happening on Opening Day or any of the 162 games and not the playoffs.