White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, would've rather seen Fields, Anderson, and Ozuna instead of Crede, Ramirez, and Uribe. They went a combined 2-13 with 7 K's. Also, no Linebrink was stoopid.

Masset impressed though, considering the circumstances.

For any of you who want to voice frustration, go rip on the umpires on The Score, I will laugh my ass off as I sit here listening to the seemingly petty arguments that are made. Or, call me up at my show and I'll listen to you vent, 217.581.3343.

Good effort today, White Sox. There's a lot of good positive things to take from today's game!

Nothing pisses me off more than umps taking the game away. I hate to complain about officiating in any fashion, and I know there are other elements that can change a game, but when 2 or 3 runs are taken away from a team in the 7th and 8th innings, that's bulls***.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
The big difference between last year's bullpen and this year's bullpen, is this year's bullpen is much more expensive. Otherwise, basically the same.

Yeah, Masset and Logan threw 5.1 scoreless with 6 K's and only 2 baserunners. The bullpen is actually pretty solid. Dotel however has shown nothing. If anyone, he needs to be released and Wass brought up.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
you hate to blaim a game on umps... but these guys really were bad out there... this game should have been won... these guys show heart..we missed that last year.

Say we scored the 2 runs or what have you, would we have won if Dotel imploded like he did? I will never blame a baseball game on an umpire like that. Ever. Hold me to that.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
Uribe was huge with the bat today. Glad to see he proved worthy to be the starter over Pablo against C.C.

That was bad. Also, Ramirez over Anderson in CF was kinda silly too.

Crede needs to go the f*** away.

I'm pissed, too, but you people who trash players just for not getting the perfect hit at the perfect time are pathetic. Today we all praise Nick Masset. What happens if his next outing goes bad? You'll probably call him "Nick Ass-hat" or something.

Jesus...

Edited by TheBigHurt

Crede made some good plays at 3rd that Fields cant. Thank Buerhle and Dotel for the loss.

So much for all the experts here that wanted Thome hitting fifth.

Almost Everyone in here knows more than Ozzie and Kenny.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
I'm pissed, too, but you people who trash players just for not getting the perfect hit at the perfect time are pathetic. Today we all praise Nick Masset. What happens if his next outing goes bad? You'll probably call him "Nick Ass-hat" or something.

Jesus...

lol nick ass hat, thats a good name. I will remember that one.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:30 PM)
Say we scored the 2 runs or what have you, would we have won if Dotel imploded like he did? I will never blame a baseball game on an umpire like that. Ever. Hold me to that.

That's pretty ignorant to say if you saw todays game. It's irrevocable fact that 3 missed calls cost us 3 runs, not to mention the fact that we'd have still been batting after 3 of the missed calls so it could have been more. The umpires decided todays game. It might be the first time I've actually seen that undeniably happen today, so your theory on umps is usually sound, but that's what happened today.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)

Jesus...

Ya Masset was awesome.. but I will still rip on him even if he pitches well. He doesnt deserve to be here. Ask people on the chat. I was still ripping him despite being utterly shocked at he pitched well.