That Was a Good Game... The Positive Postgame Thread

hi8is

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be prepared for too much optimism.

The Sox were absolutely CRUSHING the ball. If I'm not mistaken several of those deep hits (doubles/fly outs) would have been gone in a couple other parks, but for sure the cell. Not only were they doing this, but it was off good pitching. One strange thing I liked was what OCab did to try to break up that double play. Sure it was stupid, but he obviously wants to win. I guess that's enough optimism for now.

Here's to a 161-1 season. :cheers

Edited by Cowch

The thing i liked most about yesterday was folks staying back on the ball and hitting it the other way. I noticed AJ did that a few times, as well as Swish and OCab. That way they can stop killing us low-and-away. Guarantee you the Indians never saw that coming!

Oh yeah, and the heart was very evident, though I actually think the staying-back thing will have a greater affect on our W/L record than our heart.

HIGHLY entertaining! Can't wait for more!

Oh yeah, and nice job stepping on Garko's back, AJ! I know you had no choice but I'll give you credit anyway. Go ahead, call me classless, but that amused me.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
Masset actually pitched a good outing. That's the benchmark for him now. If he pitches like that, he'll become very valuable for us as a longman especially with the likes of Floyd and Danks in our rotation.

I disagree. If Masset is able to do what he did the other day on a semi-regular basis, he could wind up being our 5th starter. I really don't see both Danks and Floyd (especially) making it the whole season in our rotation. I really hope I'm wrong about them because they could be the future of our staff, so if they turn out to be good, that's great for us Sox fans. But the way Nick came in and just absolutely shut down a very good offense like he did, was fantastic.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:29 AM)
He's definitely a game one goat wouldn't you say??

Well he's the easy target since he gave up the winning runs, but that happens. Unfortunately for him, it happened at a very bad time - on opening day against a division rival after we mounted a huge comeback. But I think the momentum completely changed once we weren't able to push the go-ahead run across the plate when we had the sacks packed with Sox and noooooooobody out. That will almost always come back to bite you in the a$$ - especially on the road versus a good offensive team.

Buehrle, I think, has to get the "goat of the game" award for that one. If he could have just put up a mediocre game, we probably end up winning. Instead, he got completely shelled and put our bullpen at great risk. Just imagine if Masset hadn't been so stellar. We could conceivably have used everyone in the pen on opening day. Definitely would not have been a good omen.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:29 AM)
Well he's the easy target since he gave up the winning runs, but that happens. Unfortunately for him, it happened at a very bad time - on opening day against a division rival after we mounted a huge comeback. But I think the momentum completely changed once we weren't able to push the go-ahead run across the plate when we had the sacks packed with Sox and noooooooobody out. That will almost always come back to bite you in the a$$ - especially on the road versus a good offensive team.

Buehrle, I think, has to get the "goat of the game" award for that one. If he could have just put up a mediocre game, we probably end up winning. Instead, he got completely shelled and put our bullpen at great risk. Just imagine if Masset hadn't been so stellar. We could conceivably have used everyone in the pen on opening day. Definitely would not have been a good omen.

I'm sure Mark Buehrle would agree with you.

QUOTE(lvjeremylv @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
I disagree. If Masset is able to do what he did the other day on a semi-regular basis, he could wind up being our 5th starter. I really don't see both Danks and Floyd (especially) making it the whole season in our rotation. I really hope I'm wrong about them because they could be the future of our staff, so if they turn out to be good, that's great for us Sox fans. But the way Nick came in and just absolutely shut down a very good offense like he did, was fantastic.

I don't want Masset anywhere near the rotation, because I very strongly doubt he will keep up his success from Monday afternoon.