May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

for all the HEAT Farmer is taking now, he's a joy to listen to when you're boozing under the sun by the pool in the summertime when the Sox are winning. If you're not listening to Farmer under those circumstances, then yes he sucks.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:05 AM)
I have trouble finding any team with 4 slower players than Thome, Dye, AJ, and Konerko.

This team is a sabermetric nightmare:

A. Too slow

B. Too many strikeouts

C. Too few walks

D. Naive GM who refuses to recognize A, B and C

without Granderson, detroit looks pretty slow.

It's amazing how much the Chicagoan means to the Detroit Tigers. Without "Grandy" the Tigs seem to suck it up hardcore.

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)

A. Too slow

B. Too many strikeouts

C. Too few walks

actually really only C is a sabermetric nightmate

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Yes. And no team will make a good offer for 1/2 year of OC.

I could imagine a scenario where a team would do it if they were desperate. Something similar to the situation the Brewers were in when they traded for Linebrink last year. Your SS goes down and you're in a playoff hunt, you don't have a rookie ready, etc. I mean, say Jose Reyes went down for the Mets. Other than giving up that #1 guy they wouldn't give up for Johan, would you sacrifice a shot at the playoffs with Johan in your rotation in exchange for 3 decent prospects?

It's amazing how much the Chicagoan means to the Detroit Tigers. Without "Grandy" the Tigs seem to suck it up hardcore.

Yeah good thing we scouted him while he was in our own backyard

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)

A. Too slow

B. Too many strikeouts

C. Too few walks

When have the sabermetrics people seriously looked at speed as a big advantage? And aren't guys like Thome and Swisher, big strikeout guys, also ideal guys for that style of ball?>

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
I could imagine a scenario where a team would do it if they were desperate. Something similar to the situation the Brewers were in when they traded for Linebrink last year. Your SS goes down and you're in a playoff hunt, you don't have a rookie ready, etc. I mean, say Jose Reyes went down for the Mets. Other than giving up that #1 guy they wouldn't give up for Johan, would you sacrifice a shot at the playoffs with Johan in your rotation in exchange for 3 decent prospects?

or if the cubs realize that cedeno and theriot suck

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
On another none, where is our Fausto Carmona? And where was Fausto Carmona when the Indians needed him to close out the ALCS?

Haha

Our Fausto Carmona is in the Dominican Republic being scouted by other teams. Who needs a 16-1 G:F ratio, anyways?