May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
If we lose today or if we go back home at 2-4, please, please, please, no one say IT'S EARLY. Games the first week in April count the same as those in September. We are not good enough to be below .500 to end April.

While I agree with you on the games counting just as much in April...what do you think the Tigers are saying right now?

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
THRILLED with 2-4? i dont care how bad you think we are, but if you are thrilled to be 2-4 thats sad...that means you are basically expecting 0-6, happy if 1-5 and thrilled if 2-4...thats some low expectations

I don't expect the Sox to easily win any game started by our 3-4-5 starters this year. By that, I mean it's going to be hard to be confident going into a game started by those guys.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
THRILLED with 2-4? i dont care how bad you think we are, but if you are thrilled to be 2-4 thats sad...that means you are basically expecting 0-6, happy if 1-5 and thrilled if 2-4...thats some low expectations

Starting out with road games against the reigning division champs, then back to a the team that was in the world series the year before. Its not the easiest road.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
While I agree with you on the games counting just as much in April...what do you think the Tigers are saying right now?

They are saying it's ok the Sox are coming :sweep:

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
What else is new? This is the Javier Vazquez experience -- no sack, nibbling, running up his pitch count. But, yeah, we have some real starting pitching depth.

Oh please...

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
Carmona's heavy ball is just too much for us in this weather.

We won't win many games if we can't hit the long ball. For as much talk as there was about OBP this offseason, the only position where we improved in that category is LF. We're also slower than we were last season.

We will probably hear tomorrow about how cold it was and it was hard to get a good grip, etc, but the Tribe's picthers probbaly have hotter hand or something. But, I am not ready to give in yet. Possibly the offesne will mount a rally.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
We won't win many games if we can't hit the long ball. For as much talk as there was about OBP this offseason, the only position where we improved in that category is LF. We're also slower than we were last season.

were actually better in obp at a few positions...its just those guys are either on the bench or in AAA

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Like last game?

No, yesterday we weren't facing a pitcher dominating us. I think you missed my point. This team needs to hit homeruns to score 4-5+ runs a game, which is about the amount we would need to have this game tied up with Carmona pitching

And SS

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
Please what? This is how a man gets a career record of .500.

That is his career record, right?

He had a good year last year, but it didn't dispell the theory that he's not a clutch pitcher. Relying on him to be the core of our rotation is no sure thing.