Vazquez (0-1) vs. Blackburn (0-1): HOME OPENER!

TitoMB345

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Since BS said it... you should probably sit him. :)

Seriesly?

So for these 3 games I think the matchups are

Javy/Blackburn -- Danks/Baker -- Contreras/Livan

Slowey would have been the pitcher for the 3rd game but he got hurt in his first start

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
Let's go out there and make is 5 in a row. I love the patience of our hitters this year, so much better than any other Sox team I can remember.

That's one thing I really can't believe about this crew. They've stopped trying to hit home runs and are just going for the hit to keep the line moving. That's how you play offense. A little patience and the cookie pitch will eventually come.

I wanna see number 5 tomorrow!

Well we've got a little streak going, and let's continue it.

I think this'll probably be more of a low scoring series, so the Sox have got to get those timely hits when they get RISP, and keep playing good defense (which they have probably done for the majority thus far).

The next 2 series' could really set up our season nicely if we can stay hot.

Win 4 or 5, and we'll have won 8 or 9 out of our 1st 12.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
Javy Vazquez will dominate tomorrow, making people all across the globe go, "Chris who?"

I apparently will be explaining to 6 billion people tomorrow that his name is Chris Young, the starting CF for the Arizona Diamondbacks who put 32 homers and 27 steals for an upstart team last year, and he currently has splits of .263/.440/.842/1.282 with 3 homers and 2 steals.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 02:56 AM)
I apparently will be explaining to 6 billion people tomorrow that his name is Chris Young, the starting CF for the Arizona Diamondbacks who put 32 homers and 27 steals for an upstart team last year, and he currently has splits of .263/.440/.842/1.282 with 3 homers and 2 steals.

And then I'll have to tell you.. you better shut your f***ing mouth laughing baby 2:50 :)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:56 AM)

And then by having Chris Young, this made Carlos Quentin expendable to them, and they figured they'd need a 1B prospect... not complaining at all now.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
I'm always scared when I see a rookie making his first start against the Sox

He pitched in relief against the Sox last year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
Swisher, CF;

Cabrera, SS;

Thome, DH;

PK, 1B;

Dye, RF;

AJ, C;

Quentin, LF;

Crede, 3B;

Uribe, 2B

Lineup is out. Wearing the black tops.

Excellent. I can wear my black Crede jersey and fit right in. I was pretty sure that jersey would have become old school during the offseason, but I get to wear it with Joe at least one more time.

I don't know about you, but the first home game you get to go to. The minute you look onto that field, and when the Entrance Video starts its magical.

I like the offense this year. Taking lots of pitches, being patient. Hitting the ball into the gaps. Not relying on the homer. Hopefully they can keep this up.

I love baseball. The game was just over last night, and I get my fix again this afternoon. Although we have an offday tomorrow...its so much better than bball or football where you have to wait at least 3 days or a whole week for the next game...i watched the game last night, went to bed, got up went to class, and the lineup for todays game is already out :headbang

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 11:22 AM)
I don't know about you, but the first home game you get to go to. The minute you look onto that field, and when the Entrance Video starts its magical.

I like the offense this year. Taking lots of pitches, being patient. Hitting the ball into the gaps. Not relying on the homer. Hopefully they can keep this up.

i'm going to be really sad the day they no longer use thunderstruck...