2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Because those 3 are a pretty good 3 man rotation? Dempser's batting average against is phenomenal. At this point, the only way I see them not cruising to the NL Central is if Zambrano or Marmol get hurt.

Dempster is going to head in the opposite direction soon, because he's got the Gavin Floyd batting average against going right now and that's impossible to uphold, especially since Dempster's stuff isn't outstanding. Good news for them is Ted Lilly's ERA is still comfortably above 5, so by the time Dempster comes back to earth, Lilly will probably be getting back towards the 4 even ERA neigborhood he belongs in. Their prognosis is good though, because even if Sheets miraculously stays healthy, the Brewers are going to have a hard time with Gallardo gone and no closer. The Cub pitching staff is VERY thin though, starting and relief, so if they were indeed to lose Zambrano or Marmol, it'd kill their staff.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
Jason Isringhausen just cost the Cardinals another game! The Brewers and Cards bullpen has cost them so many games already this season.

They need to just cut him and trade for MacDougal.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
Jason Isringhausen just cost the Cardinals another game! The Brewers and Cards bullpen has cost them so many games already this season.

I knew their bullpens would be bad, but had no idea they'd be this epically awful. One of the VERY FEW things Hawk says that I agree with is the bullpen either is or will soon be the most important part of a team with how mediocre starting pitching is and pitch counts.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
He has an above average slider...that's all you need in the NL. The rest of the NL Central got pounded today.

His career whip is about 1.5, and it's never been much better than that. (A least not in a while.) All of a sudden he's Johan. It can't go on. I can't even believe it's gone on this long. I was literally agape when I looked at the box score. Unbefrigginlievable.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
His career whip is about 1.5, and it's never been much better than that. (A least not in a while.) All of a sudden he's Johan. It can't go on. I can't even believe it's gone on this long. I was literally agape when I looked at the box score. Unbefrigginlievable.

He's also facing the Padres today.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Well, I don't hear Cubs fans b****ing about Soriano anymore.

no kidding ...good god i cant believe how many people wanted reed johnson to play everyday.....

this schedule they play is just comically bad

The Cubs strength and conditioning coaches are amazing! Soto lost 30 pounds between 2006 and 2007, and now he has more power than ever and hit more homers in 2007 than he did in the 3 seasons before that combined. Now, Gallagher has lost about 20 pounds, and he's gained about 3 mph on his fastball.

you know you suck when the opposing team's announcer claims that the loss of ryan doumit is "big loss" to your lineup

after 2005 my hatred for the cubs certainly cooled, but i would say it took til about now for me to rebuild it...i just hate that organization and their fans so much to the point i cant even stomach listening to mark silverman (which is a real shame because i think tom waddle is the best radio personality in this town by far)

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 16, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
you know you suck when the opposing team's announcer claims that the loss of ryan doumit is "big loss" to your lineup

after 2005 my hatred for the cubs certainly cooled, but i would say it took til about now for me to rebuild it...i just hate that organization and their fans so much to the point i cant even stomach listening to mark silverman (which is a real shame because i think tom waddle is the best radio personality in this town by far)

I honestly heard a conversation on the radio today about whether or not Dempster or Lilly should pitch the 2nd game in the postseason.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
I think the thing that makes me not like the Cubs is their wannabe Jimmy Buffet song go cubs go. It's not music, it's noise.

Well the guy that wrote that song has been dead for 24 years, so it's a bit outdated to say the least.