2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
It's amazing the difference in the Sox 2-5 hitters compared to the Cubs. You expect nothing with the Sox, but when the Cubs 2-5 hitters are up, you're shocked if they don't reach base and score at least one run. So far, it really hurts that Fukudome looks to be a much better player than Swisher.

I'd rather have Quentin over Fuku in a heartbeat. Similar players, Q has more power, is much younger, and has a more sustainable approach in the MLB IMO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
Adam Dunn just hit one of the longest homers I've ever seen when watching live.

Has it landed yet? Thought when he hit it, it was out of the park.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
Ryan Dempster's BABIP wasn't staying at .190 forever.

He's actually pitched well...the defense behind him has killed him. Of course, I would dominate with this umpire also.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
I'd do anything for the Sox to have the Cubs lineup. Even in games they lose, they find ways to get men on base. I believe they're 3rd in baseball in walks.

Too bad they can't pitch, and when they do pitch, they can't defend.

8 losses out of 11 for the baby Bears as they gradually continue to come back to earth. Too bad we suck ass and thus I can't even remotely enjoy it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
Something to consider with moving Lieber into the starting spot. He's pitched a lot of innings this season coming in for Lilly and Hill. The lineups in those games were righty dominant. Lieber has always had use splits against righties/lefties. Thus, he will now face more lineups that are set with lefty hitters from the beginning.

Lefties destroyed him today.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
lol, sitting on the bench in my fantasy league :lolhitting

oh mine too

3 homers, 4 RBI, 3 runs, and a stolen base...yeah he pretty much was a fantasy monster today and is on probably 75% or more of team's benches

He'll be off a lot of those come tomorrow

Cubs offense starting to see those ever pesky regression to the means senarios now. Fukudome is 1 for his last 17, Reed Johnson and Mark DeRosa's averages are back down wher they belong in the .250's with lousy slugging percentages, and their pitching still sucks. They actually need Theriot, who is a TERRIBLE fielder, to regress back to what he is offensively so they can put their best SS at that position everyday (Cedeno). Hopefully the Cardinals stay hot.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 7, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
Man the Reds rotation could be pretty strong. With that line-up they are not the easy win as they used to be.

Coming into the season I thought the Reds would be a good team. Good young rotation with Cueto, Volquez, Harang, and Bailey when they decide to call him up. Two good young players with Votto and Bruce when they decide to bring him up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)
How does one look at the Cubs rotation 2-5 and not burst out laughing? And some consider this team a legitimate contender? I don't think so.

Their biggest issues are 4 and 5. Lilly will get it figured out and have an ERA in the low 4's. Dempster, for as bad as his peripherals are, is still a decent starter. I'm happy they gave up so early on Hill. Lieber is awful!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
Their biggest issues are 4 and 5. Lilly will get it figured out and have an ERA in the low 4's. Dempster, for as bad as his peripherals are, is still a decent starter. I'm happy they gave up so early on Hill. Lieber is awful!

What makes you think that? The guy has been mediocre his entire career

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 7, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
What makes you think that? The guy has been mediocre his entire career

4.31 ERA in the AL in 2006, 3.83 ERA last season. He had a dead arm to start the season, but his velocity is creeping back up. I don't think he's anything special, but he's definitely worthy of being in a starting rotation.

Edited by fathom