4/12 Gamethread: Sox (5-4) vs. Detroit (2-8); 12:05, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be good enough!! And now, Jenks probably won't be needed either, good.

What PATHETIC managing by Leyland today though, leave Verlander in until he reaches 115 pitches and allows 4 (maybe more) runs. I know they used the bullpen all game last night, but Verlander should have been out after he hit Cabrera in the head.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
That should be good enough!!

What PATHETIC managing by Leyland today though, leave Verlander in until he reaches 115 pitches and allows 4 (maybe more) runs. I know they used the bullpen all game last night, but Verlander should have been out after he hit Cabrera in the head.

their pen was absolutely depleted...im not gonna blame leyland too much

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
their pen was absolutely depleted...im not gonna blame leyland too much

He'd already gotten 7 and 1/3 out of Verlander, and he had walked and then hit in the head the last two batters. Bring in the lefty to get Thome, manufacture a 3rd out, and at least you have a chance in the 9th while having your starter avoid 20 extra stressful pitches. It's not worth it in April, and the pen could have gotten them 2 outs to keep it close going to the 9th. I'm not complaining though, that poor managing helped put it away for us.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Let Linebrink pitch the ninth? Or turn it over to maybe someone like Mac or Thornton?

nah no use in having another guy throw again...linebrink only threw like 4 pitches...leave him in..he hasnt pitched in a while..neither has dotel actually

I saw Verlanders pitch count as AJ was coming up ands couldn't figure out why he would still be in there facing the lefty, but the Tigers pitching is depleted no doubt. Plus Verlander is a real good pitcher. But, AJ is on fire early this seaon which is a good sign of things to come this year I think.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
So whats the reason Gavin did so well today? Granderson out? The rain? Night game/day game? Pratt, DA, anything?????

The cold, duh. Cold weather makes it impossible to hit but clearly quite easy to pitch in