4/14 Gamethread: Sox (7-4) vs. Oakland (8-5); 7:11, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
A's lead 1-0 after the Suzuki single. Buehrle has no zip on his fastball, as it's at 84 mph and his change up is at 79 mph. The A's are just serving pitches into center.

Dead arm?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
If the velocity stuff is legit, I'm not buying the Sox and them bumping Mark for no reason. Something is obviously wrong.

I just thought it was telling that his change up was 5 mph slower. No matter if the radar is calibrated right, he usually has more than a 5 mph difference.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
I just thought it was telling that his change up was 5 mph slower. No matter if the radar is calibrated right, he usually has more than a 5 mph difference.

It seems to me that he has been missing up with his fastball a few times. I'll pay attention to that because he might try to over throw.

Thome needs some knocks.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
If the velocity stuff is legit, I'm not buying the Sox and them bumping Mark for no reason. Something is obviously wrong.

I agree. Why so careful with him, but not with the other guys? Buehrle made only 3 starts last September, was pushed back in spring training and pushed back a game in the first 2 weeks of the season. It may not be something serious, but there has to be something.