• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is from 2 years ago when eveland was the brewers #7 prospect

7. DANA EVELAND , lhp Age: 22 B-T: L-L Ht: 6-1 Wt.: 240

Drafted: JC of the Canyons (Calif.), D/F 2002 (16th round) Signed by: Corey Rodriguez

Background: Eveland was a draft-and-follow signee in 2003, one year after the Brewers gave Manny Parra $1.5 million as a draft-and-follow. Eveland joined Parra in the Huntsville rotation in 2005, blew past him as a prospect and spent much of the second half in Milwaukee’s bullpen.

Strengths:

Eveland has a build that evokes David Wells and has some of Wells’ pitchability as well. His fastball sits at 88-90 mph, touching 94. Eveland adds and subtracts off his fastball and commands it well. His slider can be a plus pitch, aided by his deceiving, crossfire delivery. His curveball has good depth.

Weaknesses:

Like Wells, Eveland has trouble maintaining his weight. When he became a reliever, his conditioning lagged as he couldn’t maintain a workout schedule between starts. His changeup is his fourth pitch, though at times it is average.

The Future:

The Brewers hoped Eveland would get back on a conditioning track in the Arizona Fall League, but a knee injury ended his stint prematurely. If he’s healthy and in shape, he could have the inside track on Milwakee’s fifth starter’s job.

Eveland sounds like the type of pitcher that is brought in to make the Sox look silly........

That with the A's plate patience could lead to another long frustrating day.

Maybe the approach will change and the pop-ups will be brought down a little (they had 7 of them 5 on the infield last night).

Brian Anderson was seen kicking Guillen's dog this morning.

Why not put the best defensive outfield out there you can and DH Dye?

Crede in the 5 hole after not doing anything against the same type of pitcher he struggles against????????

I'd have liked to see Ozuna at third, Ramirez at second and Anderson in CF.

Having sat through last night's game the pathetic offensive display by certain guys is still lingering I guess.

Sox Lineup:

Siwhser 1B

Cabrera SS

Dye RF

Konerko DH

Crede 3B

Quentin LF

Ramirez CF

Ozuna 2B

Hall C

I still would really like to see Alexei at 2B but seems as if that won't happen in the near future. Thank god Uribe is out of the lineup. I also cringe every time I see Hall in lineup but oh well hopefully we pull this one out.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
Brian Anderson was seen kicking Guillen's dog this morning.

Why not put the best defensive outfield out there you can and DH Dye?

Crede in the 5 hole after not doing anything against the same type of pitcher he struggles against????????

I'd have liked to see Ozuna at third, Ramirez at second and Anderson in CF.

Having sat through last night's game the pathetic offensive display by certain guys is still lingering I guess.

Nice to recommend the best defensive outfield but then you want Ozuna and Ramirez at 3rd and 2nd ?????

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 08:18 AM)
I'm thinking that Mr. Eveland's 0.68 ERA is due for a bump. It won't stay that way all season.

Let's get the split against Oakland and feel good about this series.

Go get 'em Danksy.

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

:gosox3:

not really, the one pattern we've observed the past couple seasons is the Sox losing the one game where the pitching matchup favors them to win 19/20 times.

yesterday was a prime example of our Ace holding a team to 2 runs and losing to a guy none of us ever heard of. Today, we don't have our ace on the mound, but certainly don't expect the Sox to knock out another no-name as would be the case with most other teams....we just have a knack for being flat against no-names and being strong against proven vets (with the exception Johan)

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
Nice to recommend the best defensive outfield but then you want Ozuna and Ramirez at 3rd and 2nd ?????

To me, one of the biggest misconceptions held on this board is about Ozuna at 3rd. People seem to assume that because he's terrible in the OF (which he is), and pretty bad at SS (which he is), that he must suck at 3B or 2B - but he doesn't. In fact, I remember in 2005 when he played 3B for Crede for a while, he looked pretty OK over there. Nothing like Crede of course, but passable for a game here or there. He's an OK 3B.

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
not really, the one pattern we've observed the past couple seasons is the Sox losing the one game where the pitching matchup favors them to win 19/20 times.

yesterday was a prime example of our Ace holding a team to 2 runs and losing to a guy none of us ever heard of. Today, we don't have our ace on the mound, but certainly don't expect the Sox to knock out another no-name as would be the case with most other teams....we just have a knack for being flat against no-names and being strong against proven vets (with the exception Johan)

1. I was talking about regression to the mean generally - not specifically the Sox

2. Remember this is NOT the same Sox team as last year. I wouldn't depend on that trend.