4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:35 AM)
fathom mentioned Jim Thome not being a winning baseball player. Which of these guys are actually winning baseball players? They all swing for the fences all the time. Now, they're Ok at it so they'll score some runs but I don't think they're very good at situational baseball.

I think AJ is a winning baseball player.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
lets at least wait until we're out of first place for these. first place is kind of the point.

EDIT: and jon garland is his usual not so great self still.

For the one millionth time, I don't give a s*** how Garland does. It's all about what type of package we could have received for him. As of now, it's been a massive flop. Terrible offense and terrible defense from a one year rental.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:36 AM)
Greg Walker's seat has to be getting hotter. It seems none of the hitters are up there with a plan except to try and go yard.

If he wasn't fired last year, he won't be fired unless this team is 14 and 30.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
They all swing for the fences all the time. Now, they're Ok at it so they'll score some runs but I don't think they're very good at situational baseball.

now this is a very strong point. my belief is that we're going to be a lot better at that with Swisher lower in the order and Quentin higher in the order. when and how that can happen, however, is unclear. i feel like we're only a roster addition and lineup tweak away from being a lot better.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
Greg Walker's seat has to be getting hotter. It seems none of the hitters are up there with a plan except to try and go yard.

Hell, even I'm about at the point where I'm going to say that it's time to make a change there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
For the one millionth time, I don't give a s*** how Garland does. It's all about what type of package we could have received for him. As of now, it's been a massive flop. Terrible offense and terrible defense from a one year rental.

OC i think will heat up some offensively...but you are right, i was expecting much more defensively.....i think most sox fans got spoiled with uribe out there...for as bad as juan is offensively...he was truly a great defensive shortstop

edit: to finish taht thought....uribes worst year on defense was way better than this year by OC...how OC won a GG and not uribe or john macdonald i dunno...especially if this is how OC was last year

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
As my sig says, it's frustrating to think we traded our 3 best prospects and Jon Garland for this mess.

ok.... would it help now to have them all back? and while we're at it...let's give CQ back.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
If he wasn't fired last year, he won't be fired unless this team is 14 and 30.

Jesus himself couldn't turn Erstad and Gonzalez and Podsednik and an injured crede and an injured Dye and Juan Uribe in to a good offense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
For the one millionth time, I don't give a s*** how Garland does.

GMs will give one. They're funny like that.

I dunno, I mean with one year left on his deal you cant expect worthwhile prospects.

and jon always with the 4+ ERAs

Edited by Princess Dye

Just got home. I see another stellar offensive night by the WhiteSox. How Greg Walker has a job is baffling to me. This team's offense is pitiful, and the sad thing is our starting pitching has been solid, but these guys have to go out and pitch a shutout every f***ing night. Something has to be done to wake this team up.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Just got home. I see another stellar offensive night by the WhiteSox. How Greg Walker has a job is baffling to me. This team's offense is pitiful, and the sad thing is our starting pitching has been solid, but these guys have to go out and pitch a shutout every f***ing night. Something has to be done to wake this team up.

Their offense has been pitiful since 2003.