4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
The next step for Gavin is to get better command of his fastball. He's making a lot of hitters miss on his offspeed stuff.

yeah he didnt have his good control tonight ....either way its nice to see floyd with a QS even though he didnt have his good control...another solid outing from him...hes given us a chance to win every game so far this year

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
Interesting night by Floyd. If when he's off, he's like this...the staff looks great.

A quality start on a night where he seemed to struggle with his control is hard to complain about.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
Interesting night by Floyd. If when he's off, he's like this...the staff looks great.

yep....hes done a great job at keeping us in games when he hasnt pitched his best...ive been cautious in getting excited about gavin..but he has shown a 4 plus pitches..if like fathom said, he can command his fastball hes gonna be pretty good

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:57 AM)
yep....hes done a great job at keeping us in games when he hasnt pitched his best...ive been cautious in getting excited about gavin..but he has shown a 4 plus pitches..if like fathom said, he can command his fastball hes gonna be pretty good

He's 10 times better than I thought he'd be this season.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
Do you let Floyd start the 7th with 99 pitches?

Honestly, I think I do...if for no other reason than I think we need to stretch Floyd out more. For example, a couple weeks ago, he seemed to tire after about 80-90 pitches, and with his frame he needs to be able to push it a little more.

In terms of Walker...this team came out with a VERY good approach the beginning of the season. Obviously some things were instilled during ST and heading into the season. Somebody needs to let Walker know that he's still on payroll after March. It's ok to keep teaching and instilling advice.

I'm going to change my approach. I highly doubt the Sox are going to win this game. Their approach is pathetic right now. CQ just swung at 2 balls in the dirt, Dye, AJ, and Uribe have been swinging at terrible pitches too. Swisher and Crede haven't gotten it going tonight. Too many negatives to make a positive out of this game.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)
thats as bad as an AB from carlos as weve seen maybe all year....

the chamberlain AB was bad too

And he had a terrible one vs Street. You know he's been good when we can remember those so clearly.