4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
are 20-something Iowans more likely to move to Chicago or Minneapolis?

sorry it's taken me long to reply, I was busy. But most of them in Northern Iowa, where I'm from, go to Minneapolis, although I do know some that go to Chicago and Kansas City. Des Moines and Cedar Rapids or pretty popular for the Iowa towns.

GMs will give one. They're funny like that.

I dunno, I mean with one year left on his deal you cant expect worthwhile prospects.

and jon always with the 4+ ERAs

Jason Jennings fetched a nice return for the Rockies before the 2007 season. Randy Johnson to the Astros was a gold mine for the Mariners and he only had half a year left on his contract. At the time of the trade the White Sox gave up the minor league player of the year and their supposed future catcher for Freddy Garcia who only had half a year left.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
For the first half, we were awesome.

my memory escapes me, but i thought we hit well in the secodn half too....at least i remember thinking we only lost cuz buerhle and contreras were horrendous...but you could be correct...i just remember dye konerko and thome were all very very good and crede had his silver slugger year

Edited by daa84

The Twins announcers said that Torii Hunter crashing into Jamie Burke in 2004 did more for the White Sox than the Twins. The White Sox got tougher and played harder and ended up winning the World Series in 2005. There could be some truth to it, never really thought about it.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
my memory escapes me, but i thought we hit well in the secodn half too....at least i remember thinking we only lost cuz buerhle and contreras were horrendous...but you could be correct...i just remember dye konerko and thome were all very very good and crede had his silver slugger year

No, the offense went awry in the 2nd half. Thome had some wrist issues, and he was unable to turn on the ball. JD was awesome, of course. I'm pretty sure Crede sucked big time the last month as well.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
Jason Jennings fetched a nice return for the Rockies before the 2007 season. Randy Johnson to the Astros was a gold mine for the Mariners and he only had half a year left on his contract. At the time of the trade the White Sox gave up the minor league player of the year and their supposed future catcher for Freddy Garcia who only had half a year left.

It's just not something that happens that often and isn't easy to do. GMs don't like to give up good players for rent-a-players they aren't sure they can sign extensions if they can avoid it at all.

i love the patience our team has had this year but coming into this game you have to know that the twins arent gonna walk anyone...and its really frustrating watching us taking strike 1 with fastballs right down the middle

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)

Freddy was doing pretty good for Seattle at the time of that trade... 3.20 ERA in 15 starts. And Unit is Unit. Jon Garland, meanwhile, was doing what he always does, which isnt going to knock socks off w/ one yr left on the deal.

Bonser has had only 7 runs in 5 starts coming into tonight. He's had 3 this game, and could get more. I guess it's not that surprising to me that the Twins would decided to help Bonser out against the Sox of all teams but the way the Sox are approaching the plate, just one or two runs would be enough for a win.