TitoMB345

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
As a former leadoff hitter myself and base stealer, I can verify it *is* easier to steal 3rd...it's just something modern day players don't do well.

You have a better view of the catcher, the pitcher has a harder time looking at you and making a quick pickoff move, giving you a larger lead off, and if the catcher sets up inside against a righty, it eases it even more.

Plus with the propensity of having a right handed hitter there bothering you, instead of a clear throwing lane it makes a difference as well.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
Jusrt able to log into MLB Game Day. It seems from the looks of things that our offense still hasn't produced the big hit when needed. Nice job by Thornton again in relief though.

True, though in today's case (unlike last night) the Sox are hitting the ball hard.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
Angels win that trade. When that trade was first made it made no sense to me.

Are you kidding me? Surely this is sarcasm. Nobody won the trade YET. If anyone did, it sure as hell was not the Angels with Garland's April.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Plus with the propensity of having a right handed hitter there bothering you, instead of a clear throwing lane it makes a difference as well.

and on the other side...it's a shorter throw for the catcher If I really want that run....Id much rather the guy steal second and have him bunted to third.

QUOTE (bullpenHeat @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
But I dont mean just him. Joey Gathright, Brendan Harris, etc. all these 170lb. light hitting, quick feet guys murder the White Sox.

Gathright is tough for anyone, not just the Sox. Just annoying trying to throw him out before he gets there.