And that's a White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

Okay, he gave the Sox something. Four innings, five hits and three walks. For you to suggest that is close to a decent start is wrong. I stand my my statement he gave the Sox nothing. If it makes you feel better I'll amend it to "little to nothing."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
How many times does it seem like the Sox get shut down when some other team pitches some guy you've never heard of? Seems like a lot.

Then we go with Masset. You think we'd get a good outing?

How about four innings, five hits, three walks. Not great.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Kyle, Masset pitched four innings and walked three guys and gave up five hits. Are you a member of his fan club or something?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
You think Masset going four innings and giving up five hits and three walks is SOMETHING?

Give me a f***ing break. Seriously, are you a relative of Masset? What's your problem?

If you said Thornton pitched well that might be different. Two innings, no hits, four strikeouts. Masset's line is a joke for a starting pitcher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
Okay, he gave the Sox something. Four innings, five hits and three walks. For you to suggest that is close to a decent start is wrong. I stand my my statement he gave the Sox nothing. If it makes you feel better I'll amend it to "little to nothing."

anyone hear an echo in here?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)

Masset did his job - he kept the Sox in the game. The Sox lost because of the offense, not the pitching.

Masset didn't pitch poor enough for a loss, even if he did give up 3 ER.

Teams with lineups like ours, outscore teams like the Twins 8-3, especially with mediocre pitching on the mound. And IMO it all needs to start with Orlando Cabrera waking the **** up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Masset did his job - he kept the Sox in the game. The Sox lost because of the offense, not the pitching.

Our swing man keeping us in the game like that is giving us ALOT actually.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)

What exactly did you expect from the long man making a spot start. 5 innings, 10K, 1 hit? He did an admirable job, gave us some great innings, and took a lot of pressure off of the bullpen. The pitching was fine in this one, the rotten offense making Blackburn look like Cy Young is more to blame than anything.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
I expected more than 4 innings of what I consider sub par pitching against a team of no names. I never said he cost us the game. But I guess I'm in the minority big time so I will now shut up.

Cuddyer, Morneau, Mauer, Young. Those are no names?

This team has 2007 written all over it. I can't believe I'm saying that.

But what did everybody expect? We have old, station-to-station sluggers and black holes at the plate like Uribe. Our pitching is going to wear out, fast, with this lack of offense. Quentin certainly has been an absolute find and Swish is The Man, but Dye is slow and painful. Cabrera must have left his bat in Anaheim. Thome, after impressing with an opposite-field hit (!!!) early on, is back to grounding out the 2B/short left fielder. Paulie? Geez.

Not sure how you fix all this, this glorious mess of marquee sluggers and scrubs like Uribe (or the guaranteed out Alexi Ramirez).

I will say this, if we get to the ASB and this kind of 2007/2004 streak is still on, if Greg Walker still has a job I'm boycotting.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ May 1, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
This team has 2007 written all over it. I can't believe I'm saying that.

But what did everybody expect? We have old, station-to-station sluggers and black holes at the plate like Uribe. Our pitching is going to wear out, fast, with this lack of offense. Quentin certainly has been an absolute find and Swish is The Man, but Dye is slow and painful. Cabrera must have left his bat in Anaheim. Thome, after impressing with an opposite-field hit (!!!) early on, is back to grounding out the 2B/short left fielder. Paulie? Geez.

Not sure how you fix all this, this glorious mess of marquee sluggers and scrubs like Uribe (or the guaranteed out Alexi Ramirez).

I will say this, if we get to the ASB and this kind of 2007/2004 streak is still on, if Greg Walker still has a job I'm boycotting.

1 month of the season has passed, the Sox are 5th in the AL in runs scored, and they are averaging 5.6 runs a game.

But yeah, this team with Quentin, Swisher, Cabrera, a healthy Crede, and a healthy JD (who still has an .800 OPS even with his struggles the past few games) is the same as a lineup with Erstad, Podsednik, Andy Gonzalez, Luis Terrero, Gustavo Molina, Alex Cintron, and Jerry Owens. Right. The only two players from last year's team who would be beneficial to this year's lineup that haven't left the organization are Fields and Richar.

Please folks, stop comparing the 2007 lineup to the 2008 lineup. I know it will be done again, just as the 2007 lineup was compared to the 2005 lineup several times thoughout the course of the year last year, but please, please, please stop. They aren't the same and they won't be the same. I promise.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
1 month of the season has passed, the Sox are 5th in the AL in runs scored, and they are averaging 5.6 runs a game.

But yeah, this team with Quentin, Swisher, Cabrera, a healthy Crede, and a healthy JD (who still has an .800 OPS even with his struggles the past few games) is the same as a lineup with Erstad, Podsednik, Andy Gonzalez, Luis Terrero, Gustavo Molina, Alex Cintron, and Jerry Owens. Right. The only two players from last year's team who would be beneficial to this year's lineup that haven't left the organization are Fields and Richar.

Please folks, stop comparing the 2007 lineup to the 2008 lineup. I know it will be done again, just as the 2007 lineup was compared to the 2005 lineup several times thoughout the course of the year last year, but please, please, please stop. They aren't the same and they won't be the same. I promise.

Pinkie swear?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 1, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
Pinkie swear?

absolutely

cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye

edit: lol, never realized how harsh that saying actually is until I wrote it out. That's crazy

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
absolutely

cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye

edit: lol, never realized how harsh that saying actually is until I wrote it out. That's crazy

As long as you promise all that, Im on board.