Sox LOSER

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:36 AM)
Good for you. For the rest of us, we have to wonder how we got 2 hits and mowed down AGAIN by just an average pitcher.

career 4.07 ERA, 2.70 ERA in 6 starts this season

He's not Johan Santana but Shaun Marcum's a pretty damn good pitcher

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 2, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
Pathetic. Fields needs to be on our bench. Would have been great to have him pinch hit for either Uribe or Thome. I don't care if he can only play third. No need to have Ozuna and Ramirez on the roster.

Yeah, Fields needs to get to the big league club as soon as possible. He's tearing up AAA. He has 2 or 3 hits his last 25 AB. He'll solve everything.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
Good for you. For the rest of us, we have to wonder how we got 2 hits and mowed down AGAIN by just an average pitcher.

You must not have seen opposing teams batting average against Marcum. This was no fluke.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 3, 2008 -> 07:01 AM)
You must not have seen opposing teams batting average against Marcum. This was no fluke.

Marcum's actually a pretty good pitcher. I knew we'd have trouble this game. Not 0 runs, 2 hits trouble though.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 3, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
Marcum's actually a pretty good pitcher. I knew we'd have trouble this game. Not 0 runs, 2 hits trouble though.

I agree he is a pretty good pitcher, with the potential to become a great pitcher. Last year he held the sox under down as well, IIRC

The entire game came down to an error, unfortunately, because Buehrle pitched a pretty damn good game himself

No disrespect to Marcum. I just have been frustrated by the lineup getting mowed down by just about everybody who takes the hill. I would like to have Marcum on the Sox staff. I should have said above average pitcher instead of average.