MIN (16-14, W5) @ CWS (14-16, L6), 7:11pm

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
except for the fact that I've been saying for the past few days that firing walker would be an absolutely knee-jerk reaction and would be ridiculous.

but yeah, the similarities are there.

making this too easy.

Not really. Obviously you're just tryin' to stir up some crap. You asked earlier about a Blyleven comment...did you go back and read what I wrote? This is pretty much what Blyleven said...and this from an OUTSIDER.

Bert Blyleven just made an interesting observation. He was talking about slumping players, advancing runners, etc....and he said with the group the Sox have now they have had success early with the home run and being a bunch of "mashers"...he was watching them take batting practice and said nobody really worked on opposite field hitting and just seemed to go up there swinging as hard as the could.

Yes...Walker IS part of the problem.

Edited by Wanne

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
I stand corrected then on the karma thing.

I guess Oz will get ripped in the media again for not putting in Anderson even after we finally win a game. I still think it would be bush league to take out our morale boosting starting center fielder who was out there for the first eight innings of the no no.

I also still say you can't guarantee me the ball would have been hit in the same spot if Anderson was in the game.

I think the bigger issue is that Guillen apparently doesn't find much value in using Anderson as a late game defensive replacement, he's only done it a few times this year despite all the close ballgames this team has played. He refused to replace Podsednik late in ballgames now he's doing the same with Dye/Swisher.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
except for the fact that I've been saying for the past few days that firing walker would be an absolutely knee-jerk reaction and would be ridiculous.

but yeah, the similarities are there.

making this too easy.

Now, did I say you haven't been campaigning against having Walker fired? No. You drew that conclusion on your own. But it's pretty obvious to anyone (especially those who want Walker fired) why you said it. The sarcasm just about says it all. There's really no need for any of this, it's a dumb argument.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
Hakeem Olajuwon went to college at U of Houston. He's not Nigerian?

No

The fundamental difference between Carlos Quentin vs Ozzie/Pablo/Profundo Uribe

Those 3 were all born in latin countries, and likely attended school systems vastly inferior to ours and probably didn't attend much (if any) college education, or play College Baseball

Carlos is an american, whom probably has latin parents. He attended american school systems, College (Stanford), and has shown an incredibly high baseball IQ. The 3 aforementioned players, however, have shown mind boggling approaches at the plate, and baffling managerial decisions at times. Not to mention some of the things Ozzie says to the media just leave you scratching your head (This goes beyond the realm of baseball IQ and more towards IQ period)

I'm not a racist, it wasn't meant to be a racist comment, people here threatening with quoting it or whatever because I hurt their feelings or whatever, are reading too much into what I was saying. I can see how the wording of it could've been misconstrued, however I was making a point about a few latin (born) players on our team and how they're, basically, stupid. God, I can't recall how many times Rongey and Boers have called Uribe an idiot, stupid, etc. And the national feelings toward Ozzie Guillen are, well, not great.

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
No

however I was making a point about a few latin (born) players on our team and how they're, basically, stupid. God, I can't recall how many times Rongey and Boers have called Uribe an idiot, stupid, etc. And the national feelings toward Ozzie Guillen are, well, not great.

And your point is moronic. Its a very widespread opinion that Ozzie has a great baseball mind and has been like a coach on the field since his early playing days, its actually one of the reasons he was as good as he was without the physical tools of most major league players. Regardless of any race comment, its just not a good comment.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Maybe so...and I'm sure it's in the scouting report...but it's not like you're protecting a one run lead or anything. And how often does he actually do it? If that was the case...I didn't like that alignment.

He was protecting against a hit, which was the correct play.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
Not exactly the 9th inning was it?

Joe Girardi replaced 1B Mike Jacobs with Wes Helms in the top of the 9th during Anibal Sanchez's no hitter in 2006.

And is there a reason as to why Guillen couldn't have mixed up his OF in the top of the 8th? Dye did make the final out in the 7th, it was doubtful he would have gotten another plate appearance.