Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)
Its a moot point anyway, Brand is gonna be on the Clippers who assuming everyone is healthy will be a pretty damn fun team to watch.

The sad part is- with how good the West is, they probably won't even make the playoffs.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
If all it takes is the MLE, I think the Bulls would be stupid not to go after Magette. But knowing Pax, he'll sit on his hands like always.

Who are the two teams with cap space? I know Philly was one of them, but they're unlikely to go after Maggette. But I can't remember who the other team was...

Boston supposedly made an offer to Maggette. That would suck.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
If all it takes is the MLE, I think the Bulls would be stupid not to go after Magette. But knowing Pax, he'll sit on his hands like always.

I can't see Maggette choosing the Bulls over another team with the MLE.

He'd either play for his home town (Orlando), or with a major contender (Boston or San Antonio).

But I think the Spurs will get him. Otis Smith wants to re-sign Dooling, and maybe bring is Chris Duhon if they can split those 2 over the MLE.

And yeah even if we signed Maggette, our bench would be terrible (unless you played Turk off the bench in a Manu type of role). But SVG plays his starters for 40 mins a game anyways.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)

He'd either play for his home town (Orlando), or with a major contender (Boston or San Antonio).

But I think the Spurs will get him. Otis Smith wants to re-sign Dooling, and maybe bring is Chris Duhon if they can split those 2 over the MLE.

And yeah even if we signed Maggette, our bench would be terrible (unless you played Turk off the bench in a Manu type of role). But SVG plays his starters for 40 mins a game anyways.

Maggette is from Chicago

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
Maggette is from Chicago

^ That.

Also, Memphis is the other tea with cap room.

Oh, and Duhon agreed with the Knicks. 2 years, 11.5 mil. He'll get to party all he wants in NY.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)

If I'm Corey Maggette, do I look at a back court of Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Hughes, Sefalosha, and a front court of Nocioni and Deng and say "There's a lot of minutes available there and I'm almost guaranteed a starting job"?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
If I'm Corey Maggette, do I look at a back court of Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Hughes, Sefalosha, and a front court of Nocioni and Deng and say "There's a lot of minutes available there and I'm almost guaranteed a starting job"?

If I'm John Paxson, I say "You're our starting SG and you're going to be playing next to Derrick Rose. Sign next to the X."

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Donald Sterling will have to possibly pay the luxury tax as the Golden State Warriors have now offered Brand a max contract (which will pay him more than the Clippers offer).

With the room for revenue growth available to the Clippers by putting together a playoff team out here and suddenly being able to sell out games, I think it makes sense that he would risk it.

Figured I'd post this here...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8286654?MSNHPHMA

The Seattle Supersonics are no more. The team is moving to Oklahoma City, changing it's name and colors. Sad to see it happen. Moving to OK is bad enough, but they have to wipe the name out too. What the hell are they gonna call themselves? Duststorms? Really lame imo.

Thats gay. I was a big fan of the Sonics of the 90's with those crazy uni's with the Needle on it. Payton, Schrempfh, and Kemp. I'm excited to see the new logo and what not. If I like it, I'm definitely going to go out and get a Durant jersey.

"We made it," Bennett said after stepping to an Oklahoma City podium featuring the NBA logo and the letters OKC. "The NBA will be in Oklahoma City next season."

Yeah, well, what about f***ing Seattle? A much better sports town.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Maggette is from Chicago

Ah ok. Well his parents live in Orlando now, and he has a house there (which is why he's mooted in the press about "coming home").

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Acc to rotoworld, it's 2 years, $7 mil.

Is that confirmed though? I read on the Orlando Sentinel he's close to accepting a 3 year $10M deal with the Magic (which would take us out of the Maggette negotiations, and Keyon Dooling won't be back).

Also you guys know more about Duhon than I do. I've read he's supposedly an "elite defender". Is that really the case?

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
Is that confirmed though? I read on the Orlando Sentinel he's close to accepting a 3 year $10M deal with the Magic (which would take us out of the Maggette negotiations, and Keyon Dooling won't be back).

Also you guys know more about Duhon than I do. I've read he's supposedly an "elite defender". Is that really the case?

I don't think anything's confirmed at this point, but rotoworld seems pretty sure that's the offer. But it sounds like he's leaning towards Orlando now.

"Elite"? Really? I think Sefalosha is the best backcourt defender the Bulls have, but I wouldn't even call him "elite".

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
Thats gay. I was a big fan of the Sonics of the 90's with those crazy uni's with the Needle on it. Payton, Schrempfh, and Kemp. I'm excited to see the new logo and what not. If I like it, I'm definitely going to go out and get a Durant jersey.

Will they re-do that add of Durant taking off all the Jersey's now and have him removing a Seattle Jersey last?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...,5669059.column

Bulls guard Ben Gordon and the Bulls Training Academy have developed the Ben Gordon Summer Camp. Academy coaches and Gordon developed a curriculum focused on ballhandling, defense and free-throw and three-point shooting during this five-day camp July 28-Aug. 1. Cost of the camp is $400,

Wait a second, Ben Gordon is teaching ball handling and defense? LOL