Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
Trouble is, his numbers have already dropped off dramatically this season. That's part of the reason why this trade is happening...if the Hornets hadn't had the injury bug all year and people had played to expectations and they hadn't wasted money stupidly on a guy like Posey, they'd be right back up challenging for the top spot, and much more willing to go in to tax territory if needbe.

Chandler is pulling down 8.3 rebounds per game this year. That's his worst # since the 2003-2004 season with the Bulls when he was playing 22 minutes per game and played only 35 games. His scoring has dropped from 11.8 to 8.8 ppg this year, and his FG %age has dropped from 62% each of the last 2 years to 56% this year.

He's going to score even less without Paul giving him points, but to be fair to him, he has been injured a lot this season. I think he's played hurt, but really, how much better than Noah is this guy?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
He's going to score even less without Paul giving him points, but to be fair to him, he has been injured a lot this season. I think he's played hurt, but really, how much better than Noah is this guy?

Right now, still quite a bit. Per minute, Noah rebounds about the same as him, but he shoots a significantly higher %age than Noah on the offensive end. Noah also picks up just about as many fouls in 20 minutes as Chandler does in 30. And I'd add that currently, Noah just can't slow down Centers who are stronger than him.

But then again, Noah is in his 2nd year and turns 24 this month, while Chandler is in his 8th season and turns 27 later this year. Noah needs to add some mass (Chandler outweighs him by about 15 pounds) and get the foul trouble under control. Then we can talk.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 07:14 PM)
Right now, still quite a bit. Per minute, Noah rebounds about the same as him, but he shoots a significantly higher %age than Noah on the offensive end. Noah also picks up just about as many fouls in 20 minutes as Chandler does in 30. And I'd add that currently, Noah just can't slow down Centers who are stronger than him.

But then again, Noah is in his 2nd year and turns 24 this month, while Chandler is in his 8th season and turns 27 later this year. Noah needs to add some mass (Chandler outweighs him by about 15 pounds) and get the foul trouble under control. Then we can talk.

Chandler fouled a lot when he played for the Bulls. He certainly isn't $9 million a year better than Noah, which is the difference between their total paychecks. I think if Noah added 15-20 pounds of muscle, he could average a double double. He just is not strong enough right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 17, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
Chandler fouled a lot when he played for the Bulls. He certainly isn't $9 million a year better than Noah, which is the difference between their total paychecks. I think if Noah added 15-20 pounds of muscle, he could average a double double. He just is not strong enough right now.

He clearly had conditioning issues after he essentially took last summer off. If someone can get through his skull and instill some sort of work ethic in him this summer, such that he can perhaps build some muscle and also get some additional defensive skills down, there's no reason why he can't surpass Chandler. I've certainly gotten the impression he's a lot faster than Chandler ever was.

Is there even a butt-crack of a chance that we could make a play for Beasley, or should I just stop dreaming that it could ever happen? I honestly wouldn't care if it was just Rose/Beasley and a bunch of Noahs that young combo would be awesome to watch for years.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 01:35 AM)
Dwight Howard 49 points 18 boards 8 blocks... with bosh n amare on the market maybe orlando is looking to trade him too... LOL

Kevin Durant went for 47 as well. He's averaging something like 33 PPG in his last 11 games. I could see him winning the scoring title as early as next season. He's a supremely gifted offensive talent.

Not that it matters, but supposedly, Chandler was offered back to us before he was dealt.

Tyson Chandler was offered back to Chicago for Joakim Noah and the expiring contract of Drew Gooden before New Orleans dealt the former Bull to Oklahoma City, Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald is reporting.

And new rumors of the T-Wolves being in a three way with us and the Suns for Hinrich (Suns liking Tyrus, T-Wolves liking Hinrich)

The Chicago Bulls are still trying to come up with ways to land All-Star Amare Stoudemire from Phoenix, Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo! Sports is reporting.

Citing a Western Conference executive, the latest proposal involves Minnesota, and would include Kirk Hinrich moving to the Wolves.

Phoenix would receive Tyrus Thomas, who they covet, along with the expiring contracts of both Drew Gooden and Jason Collins.

Phoenix still are believed to be leaning towards keeping Stoudemire despite the latest efforts

The Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves have been exchanging trade proposals that include a possible three-way deal with the Suns that would send Stoudemire to the Bulls, a Western Conference executive said Tuesday night.

So far, nothing that the Bulls and Wolves have brainstormed has brought the Suns closer to moving Stoudemire. Nevertheless, one proposed deal would send Bulls forward Tyrus Thomas to Phoenix, along with the expiring contracts of Chicago’s Drew Gooden and Minnesota’s Jason Collins. Minnesota would receive the player it covets – Chicago guard Kirk Hinrich – and Bulls guard Thabo Sefolosha.

That three-way scenario remains improbable, but there are several possibilities between Chicago and Minnesota that are alive. The Bulls want expiring contracts and draft picks to dump Hinrich and forward Andres Nocioni. Chicago has shopped them separately to several teams, but sources say Minnesota has no interest in Nocioni.

I just want these rumors to be over so we can just see this team in the second half as I seriously doubt that we'll be moving anyone now.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)
Dwight Howard 49 points 18 boards 8 blocks... with bosh n amare on the market maybe orlando is looking to trade him too... LOL

Decent enough night from him wasn't it.

Still don't like the way we're playing without Jameer ATM though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 01:28 AM)
Not that it matters, but supposedly, Chandler was offered back to us before he was dealt.

Given the salary issues and Chandler's continuing injury problems, I'd rather have Noah.

That three-way scenario remains improbable, but there are several possibilities between Chicago and Minnesota that are alive. The Bulls want expiring contracts and draft picks to dump Hinrich and forward Andres Nocioni. Chicago has shopped them separately to several teams, but sources say Minnesota has no interest in Nocioni.
At least they're trying to move the 2 right guys. I just hope Pax doesn't hold out for too much for them and takes cap space if it's offered.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Given the salary issues and Chandler's continuing injury problems, I'd rather have Noah.

At least they're trying to move the 2 right guys. I just hope Pax doesn't hold out for too much for them and takes cap space if it's offered.

Are we sure that Pax is still at the helm at this point? Gar Forman had taken the lead in the Amare talks from what was reported.

-- not that it really matters

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)

Hinrich I think the Bulls would be able to trade if they want.

He'd be exactly what the T-Wolves need (if they have the right expiring contracts to give up), so then they could concentrate on getting a good swingman in the draft.

Like that little piece said though, I think the Bulls are stuck with Nocioni unless they want to take a bad contract back in return.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
Hinrich I think the Bulls would be able to trade if they want.

He'd be exactly what the T-Wolves need (if they have the right expiring contracts to give up), so then they could concentrate on getting a good swingman in the draft.

Like that little piece said though, I think the Bulls are stuck with Nocioni unless they want to take a bad contract back in return.

dont you think that Nocioni has some value to a playoff team? I mean I can see why the t-wolves wouldn't want him, because hes not really a starter or a building block for the future, but a team like (hypothetically) Houston, Atlanta, Portland, Utah, could have interest in Noce and see him in the James Posey, Robert Horry role off the bench. Noce can hit a shot, take a charge, and play d... and his contract isn't that unreasonable.

I dunno, just a thought

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
dont you think that Nocioni has some value to a playoff team? I mean I can see why the t-wolves wouldn't want him, because hes not really a starter or a building block for the future, but a team like (hypothetically) Houston, Atlanta, Portland, Utah, could have interest in Noce and see him in the James Posey, Robert Horry role off the bench. Noce can hit a shot, take a charge, and play d... and his contract isn't that unreasonable.

I dunno, just a thought

I'd have to think that he has some value to a lot of those teams, the question is...do they want to take on his contract, and is Pax smart enough to give him up for cap space?

The reality is, he's worth somewhat more than cap space. But he's not worth anything right now to the Bulls, he's a heavy drag on them and he'll prevent them from improving in the future. It makes sense to do whatever you can to move his contract if you're the Bulls' GM, but after having him for so long and signing him to that deal, trading him for a bag of balls might not be the best PR move.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)

I dunno, just a thought

Houston - They have Artest and Battier already at the SF spot. They'd probably offer Head + pick or something like that.

Atlanta - They'd be after a big more I'd think.

Portland - Travis Outlaw >>> Nocioni.

Utah - Maybe, but they have C.J Miles and Andrei Kirilenko already.

I just don't think Nocioni is that good to be honest. He's got a reputation around the league for being a dirty player and a flopper which doesn't exactly help matters.

And every team is desperately trying to cut costs right now (the Chandler deal for example).

If the Kings could get an expiring contract for John Salmons for instance, they'd probably pull the trigger.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
The latest trade rumor just reported on 670 is Hinrich for Chris Kaman.

That works for me.

Mike Dunleavy's not a very good GM if he does that straight up (well he's not ATM anyways).

If I'm the Bulls I jump all over that offer though. Kaman gives them the low post scoring they desperately need.