Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
+2

I was hoping someone would get the reference. :D

If the Lakers score more points than the Nuggets, they will play the winner of Cleveland and Orlando in the NBA Finals.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 30, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)
like during the Bulls dynasty?

Yes, exactly like the Bulls dynasty. Everybody knows that before the playoffs start there's about 3, maybe 4 teams tops, with a legitimate chance at actually winning it all. The west has been wack all year. I'll admit I jumped on Denver's bandwagon for a few seconds. Not because I really thought they had a shot. George Karl is a terrible playoff coach. Carmelo is a second-tier "star." Chauncey Billups is officially "Mr. conference finals." And that's not at all a compliment. I jumped on because, well, I hate the Lakers.

The Nuggets are like the Magic without Dwight Howard. They have a perimeter team, but are deathly afraid of taking the ball inside to the hole. The amount of bad shots that the Nuggets took last night are enough evidence to make one of the next two conclusions. George Karl is either incompetent or his team fails to learn from their mistakes. Either one puts George Karl in a very bad place.

Dwight is earning that Superman nick tonight. 21 points, 6 boards, only 1 foul at half. Magic up 58-40. LeBron scoreless in the second, is he tired out or conserving energy?

Maybe this will make LeBron leave Cleveland...that city never wins anything.

Welcome to Chicago,LeBron!We can have another Bulls dynasty with you leading the way!The supporting cast is already set!

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 30, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
Great show of sportsmanship from Lebron just walking off the court while his teammates remain to congratulate the Magic.

it took MJ a few years to win,did LeBron think he was just going to waltz his way to multiple championships?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 30, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
it took MJ a few years to win,did LeBron think he was just going to waltz his way to multiple championships?

Not with that supporting cast. He needs his Pippen and he won't find that in New York. He'll find a Rose in Chicago which might be the best sidekick anyone with cap space could offer. Someone needs to tell NY that naterob won't cut it.

QUOTE (Ron @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Dwight is earning that Superman nick tonight. 21 points, 6 boards, only 1 foul at half. Magic up 58-40. LeBron scoreless in the second, is he tired out or conserving energy?

Dwight was a Beast tonight. Not sure about all the Lebron hate in this thread, but the 2 most stand-up guys who happen to be superstars would be Lebron and Dwight imo. The NBA has a very good thing with those 2.