Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

I really don't see the Bulls improving significantly (as in more than 40 wins) until they find a legit big man, someone that can get at least 12-8 while shooting at least 48% from the floor and be at least decent on defense (before someone says it, that's not Gooden). That's easier said then done though...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A boycott to me is extreme. I did boycott the team until Krause retired for a period which left me barely acknowledging Chicago had a basketball franchise for about 3 or 4 years. That hurt to do, but I had nothing to work with.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
A boycott to me is extreme. I did boycott the team until Krause retired for a period which left me barely acknowledging Chicago had a basketball franchise for about 3 or 4 years. That hurt to do, but I had nothing to work with.

My problem is that I don't see that the organization cares enough. They are selling out, so what does it matter? Reinsdorf refused to enter the luxury tax to add Gasol last year (for peanuts, by the way), and since then I can't bring myself to care when I know the people in charge don't.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
That kid is the only reason I still watch Bulls games. And Tyrus to some extent... if he's allowed to play.

Tyrus was allowed to play a few days ago when he had like 4 pts and 2 boards in over 20 mins.

Rose only had 25 pts and 10 assists tonight.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Nice to see a W from the Bulls. I love Derrick Rose & I don't care who knows about it.

CP3 went for 33 pts-10 boards-11 dimes tonight.

Yeah, but he only had 7 steals.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Why don't more people want pax fired?

Add me to the list. Fire Pax.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
Kobe looked PISSED when he walked out at the end there.

I would be too. Mason's foul call was questionable, traveling call on Ariza was very questionable.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)

People do want him fired. I cut him some slack last year because he had a chance to undo his mistakes, but he did NOTHING this year besides draft Rose with the gift of the #1 pick. He didn't even try, with all his misguided faith in our overrated low-ceiling players. The signing of Del Negro also appears to be a total bust.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)

After seeing the disaster that VDN has become...after seeing this team add a guy like Rose and actually be worse than last year...I'm a trading deadline away from joining that bandwagon. The next month is his last shot. Either we need 2009/2010 cap space, or we need to acquire someone decent, or at least clear away some of the Chaff.

For God's sake, we actually ran a lineup in the 4th quarter last night of: Deng, Nocioni, Gordon, Hinrich, Rose. I think Ben Gordon is your Small Forward in that lineup. Whether or not we won the game...that's just awful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
After seeing the disaster that VDN has become...after seeing this team add a guy like Rose and actually be worse than last year...I'm a trading deadline away from joining that bandwagon. The next month is his last shot. Either we need 2009/2010 cap space, or we need to acquire someone decent, or at least clear away some of the Chaff.

For God's sake, we actually ran a lineup in the 4th quarter last night of: Deng, Nocioni, Gordon, Hinrich, Rose. I think Ben Gordon is your Small Forward in that lineup. Whether or not we won the game...that's just awful.

True the Bulls have 2 good players right now. Hinrich is useful, but overpayed. Really, the only way the Bulls win these days is if Gordon or Rose (preferably both) go off that night. And I'm not saying 18 pts, but more like 25pts or at least combine for around 45ppg. If they don't, it'll probably be a blow out.

Everybody else is literally useless. Nocioni runs around with his head cut off. Deng got paid and doesn't seem to care. And don't get me started on our frontcourt who allow guys like Varejao go off.