Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 27, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
I was thinking more in the lines of a Chris Paul. Rose may be great in the future and he shows signs, but he's not there.

Shows signs? Maybe great in the future? lol. He's been the top rookie and second best PG in the entire conference (my bad. He's no Mayo. What an impact he's had for the Grizzlies). And of course he's not Chris Paul yet. Chris Paul of today wasn't Chris Paul of two years ago. But Rose is having every bit as good a rookie year as Paul did.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 29, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
Shows signs? Maybe great in the future? lol. He's been the top rookie and second best PG in the entire conference (my bad. He's no Mayo. What an impact he's had for the Grizzlies). And of course he's not Chris Paul yet. Chris Paul of today wasn't Chris Paul of two years ago. But Rose is having every bit as good a rookie year as Paul did.

He's not consistent enough yet. Geez. I didn't say he stinks or won't be at that level, but he's not there yet. His defense is atrocious, and his offense isn't consistent enough. He could drive on every play, but he settles for his weak jumper way too much.

So Bulls vs. Magic to kick off in 15 or so.

Should be an interesting game. Nelson's been hindered with a foot injury lately, so Rose has a chance for a good game.

I imagine that Courtney Lee will get the job on Ben Gordon for most of the 2nd half.

Dwight vs. Gray is a mismatch of all proportions. Good chance for a 20/20 game I'd say.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 31, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
So Bulls vs. Magic to kick off in 15 or so.

Should be an interesting game. Nelson's been hindered with a foot injury lately, so Rose has a chance for a good game.

I imagine that Courtney Lee will get the job on Ben Gordon for most of the 2nd half.

Dwight vs. Gray is a mismatch of all proportions. Good chance for a 20/20 game I'd say.

I got Dwight down for 33 pts, 14 boards, and 6 blocks. Zoom has 27/17/5.

I was at the Magic Bulls game and that was almost as bad as the Magic Bulls game in 99 that I went to when Dickey Simpkins was our CDW Player of the Month and we lost by like 50 in that game. Last game was a reason why I stated Rose isn't at a level the Magic could use yet. He should've dominated Jameer and he stunk up the joint along with everyone else. Even Joakim was terrible, he was just less terrible than the others.

It looked like VDN was trying implement some new plays but many of our players were out of position to the point where VDN was pointing out spots during the play where certain players needed to be. Biggest culprits were Noah, Tyrus, Noc and Thabo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 2, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
They wont get close. That record wont be broke in any of our life times. I really believe that.

It amazes me that there are Bulls fans who still worry about that record falling when teams get off to hot starts. That record will never fall in my opinion. Even during a season like this, which is PERFECTLY set up for somebody like Cleveland, Boston, or the Lakers to make a run at it, I would bet the ranch that none of them even make it to 70-12.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

How the f*** do you lose to OKC. I swear to god stop playing anyone who doesn't have a future. I don't give a s*** about the 8th seed...get Thabo/Tyrus/Rose developed and keep boosting up Gordon's trade value and hopefully restore Dengs. That should be the Bulls priority. I love Drew Gooden too but I'd probably move him since he would be very valuable to another team and the Bulls are clearly a ways away (unless they plan on resigning him).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
How the f*** do you lose to OKC. I swear to god stop playing anyone who doesn't have a future. I don't give a s*** about the 8th seed...get Thabo/Tyrus/Rose developed and keep boosting up Gordon's trade value and hopefully restore Dengs. That should be the Bulls priority. I love Drew Gooden too but I'd probably move him since he would be very valuable to another team and the Bulls are clearly a ways away (unless they plan on resigning him).

Bulls are in trouble right now.

I doubt they make the playoffs, and with players like Rose and Deng on your team, they argubly should in the East.

Like I said before, this time next season, I don't think VDN will be around.

If they wanted to make the playoffs this season, they'd trade Gooden and Thabo for Brad Miller, and possibly move Hinrich for something at the deadline.

On another note, the Magic beat the Spurs in San Antonio to sweep the season series against them. The team is firing on all cylinders right now, and we're above Boston. The #1 seed in the East is certainly there for the taking.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
Is there any evidence at this point that Miller is better than Gooden? I guess he would be a better defender against centers, but I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade other than that. What's his contract situation?

I think his contract ends at the end of next season IIRC, and he makes about 9-10M.

Ideally, you would play Gooden at PF and Miller at C, but to get Miller, unless the Bulls would do Miller and Kenny Thomas for Larry Hughes and sometihng else, they'd probably have to give up Gooden to do so.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 08:44 AM)
Is there any evidence at this point that Miller is better than Gooden? I guess he would be a better defender against centers, but I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade other than that. What's his contract situation?

His contract ends in 2010, and is about $1-2 million different from Larry Hughes's. Their contracts are pretty darn similar.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Deng and Hinrich both returning for the Bulls tonight per 670.

Could they also return to their 06-07 form?

Our excess of mediocre players grows by two more. If Hinrich can get back on track though, he can be a solid third guard, so I am hopeful that he can be a factor. He brings defense and toughness, which we have very little of. Deng, unfortuntaely, seems like a lost cause, I really don't know what his deal is anymore.

Edited by maggsmaggs