Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

Heads22

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:07 AM)
thome now hitting .199

Hopefully he can turn it around. If not, maybe he'll have too much pride to continue and retire after 2008. I can't take another year of "bad" Thome.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Hopefully he can turn it around. If not, maybe he'll have too much pride to continue and retire after 2008. I can't take another year of "bad" Thome.

we are getting to the point where its a big sample size...hopefully something clicks..but each day that he continues to stink im starting to believe more and more that he is goin through a mark mcgwire esque ending to his career

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:10 AM)
we are getting to the point where its a big sample size...hopefully something clicks..but each day that he continues to stink im starting to believe more and more that he is goin through a mark mcgwire esque ending to his career

Funny you mentioned McGwire, because at what point do you wonder if the reason for the massive fade so many of our guys have had since the ASB of 2006 is due to coming off of PEDs?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Funny you mentioned McGwire, because at what point do you wonder if the reason for the massive fade so many of our guys have had since the ASB of 2006 is due to coming off of PEDs?

i think its a great possibility

Swisher blows. 50 pitches for Byrd. I would like to say, Swisher gets the strangest strike zone. Every thing that isn't called on anyone else is called against him.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:11 AM)
i think its a great possibility

Someone with insight into the organization said the other day that the Sox try to acquire guys that they think are clean and have consistent numbers since drug testing went into place.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
Again, I must reiterate, just how disappointing has Nick Swisher been this year?

Now at .202

To think of all the other players we could have possibly acquired for a package of Sweeney, Gio, and DLS.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 26, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Again, I must reiterate, just how disappointing has Nick Swisher been this year?

Now at .202

hes been by far the most disappointing guy on the team...where is the power????

at least guys like konerko and thome had down years last year and can be attributed to aging...swisher should be entering his prime, hes been so bad i almost cant believe it...and with him i dont buy that its entirely PED related...mainly because, as i said, he was still pretty good last year

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
hes been by far the most disappointing guy on the team...where is the power????

at least guys like konerko and thome had down years last year and can be attributed to aging...swisher should be entering his prime, hes been so bad i almost cant believe it...and with him i dont buy that its entirely PED related...mainly because, as i said, he was still pretty good last year

I think Thome and PK have been more disappointing.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 01:17 AM)
javy is all over the place

Is it out of the question that AJP missed those pitches intentionally to try and let it hit the ump after the missed call on the first pitch?

i know the results havent been horrid...only 2 runs...but i would have alot of respect for ozzie if he pulled javy right here...its clear he has nothing and has thrown a ton of pitches already

id like to see AJ switch up his signs a bit...javy has gotten very few swings and misses for javy, and it seems like the indians lefties have guessed right a few times on his inside fastball..

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 27, 2008 -> 01:20 AM)
id like to see AJ switch up his signs a bit...javy has gotten very few swings and misses for javy, and it seems like the indians lefties have guessed right a few times on his inside fastball..

Francisco just missed that!