6/3 - Sox vs. KC, 7:11 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Bad defense leads to two runs there.

I feel like I'm hearing this more any time this season than I did any of the past few years with the noteable exception of games Mack was in CF.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
I feel like I'm hearing this more any time this season than I did any of the past few years with the noteable exception of games Mack was in CF.

Sad part is you go from position to position, it's probably as good as we've been in a long time. Swisher in CF is the exception but I can only point to one or two instances where he hasn't made a play.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 02:01 AM)
Sad part is you go from position to position, it's probably as good as we've been in a long time. Swisher in CF is the exception but I can only point to one or two instances where he hasn't made a play.

Crede's about half the defensive player he used to be, and Dye continues to decline. It's amazing watching how hard Fukudome will charge a ball in RF to try and prevent the running game, and then you compare that to Dye's "jog".

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 01:06 AM)
Crede needs to concentrate on his throws. The more time he has, the more he messes up the throw. When he has to react, he is fine.

You played baseball...he's aiming those throws. He threw that ball on Olivo a lot harder.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
Here is a question. If Quentin could play an adequate CF, who would AZ rather have right now, Young or Quentin?

Hell, I think they'd rather go sign Kenny Lofton and have him in CF while putting Q back in LF.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 01:08 AM)
Without a doubt Vaz. I have been beating the "underrated drum" for a while now, but IMO he is the first player on the "closest thing to an ace" list. With Quentin on the roster, along with Swisher(who will rebound), it's almost a no brainier right now.

Here is a question. If Quentin could play an adequate CF, who would AZ rather have right now, Young or Quentin?

CQ is a better player right now than Young. Young, for as much as I've praised over the years, really has some terrible at bats and would frustrate us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
You played baseball...he's aiming those throws. He threw that ball on Olivo a lot harder.

Well there is no doubt he is aiming the throw he has lots of time on. Sometimes you can see him almost double clutch and he releases it. Lining himself up. The biggest culprit he has had this year is when he drops down. The bouncing the ball in is something that happens, your first baseman can recover on that. Sailing the ball is dangerous. It can either get away and roll down the line after it bounces off the side rail, or you can get your first baseman hurt as he can get pulled into the runner.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Without a doubt Vaz. I have been beating the "underrated drum" for a while now, but IMO he is the first player on the "closest thing to an ace" list. With Quentin on the roster, along with Swisher(who will rebound), it's almost a no brainier right now.

IF being the optimum word there...but until Young hits for better avg...I'd rather have CQ.