Who would you add to the 25 man roster

NorthSideSox72

Who should replace Konerko, if he is DL'd?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be added?

• Jerry Owens
    • Brad Eldred
    • David Cook
    • Dewayne Wise
    • Chris Getz
    • Josh Fields
    • Kenny Lofton
    • Other (specify in thread)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
So, Owens is playing tonight and Fields is heading to the DL. I assume we got something else in mind, or PK isn't going on the DL.

Well, they did say that they won't know about Konerko until after they evaluate him again on Tuesday so I suppose anyone is possible yet (with the exception of Fields of course).

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
Wise is out of the lineup...the only possible name I guess.

Oh my god, who could possibly care about this? Can we please do something? I'd rather see Owens personally.

The thing that has really got to me is we get guys on base who can run and we don't! When Ramirez gets on, he should be going. I'd love to see Ramirez on first and Oz put on a hit and run with Orlando. Do something!

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
Well, they did say that they won't know about Konerko until after they evaluate him again on Tuesday so I suppose anyone is possible yet (with the exception of Fields of course).

True, but they generally seem to have these things lined up. We shall see what shakes down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
Fields, Cook, and Eldred are all the same all or nothing plodders that we have a line up full of already. Give me someone who will swing for a basehit with two strikes, or punch the outside pitch the other way, just to change the look of the line up a bit.

Where did you get the impression that Cook is a plodder?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 05:23 PM)
Right, but we that player in the organization right now, and is in your sig. Given the lack of speed with this club, along with Ozzie love with speed, I don't doubt Owens would be matching the numbers Taveras is putting up right now, which isn't much of an accomplishment.

There is something to be said about the comparison in defense in CF, which is monumental between the two, and I'm not even comparing the range between the two right now. Taveras might have a major league fastball while Owens might throw as hard as 14 year olds hit.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:44 AM)
There is something to be said about the comparison in defense in CF, which is monumental between the two, and I'm not even comparing the range between the two right now. Taveras might have a major league fastball while Owens might throw as hard as 14 year olds hit.

When I was 14, I was able to hit hard. No way Owens would have been able to throw as hard as some of my bombs in little league.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Fields, Cook, and Eldred are all the same all or nothing plodders that we have a line up full of already. Give me someone who will swing for a basehit with two strikes, or punch the outside pitch the other way, just to change the look of the line up a bit.

Cook is perhaps not ready, but he is definitely not an all-or-nothing guy, or a plodder. He has some speed, and he is a high average, high OBP guy who has consistently walked more than he has struck out. With him, the issue is more a question of whether or not he's ready. He just got to AAA.

Eldred is definitely all or nothing though, and Fields is close to that but not as bad as Eldred. Fields is a little faster than some of the mid-lineup guys with the Sox right now, but that's not saying a lot.