6/17 Game Thread: PIT @ CWS, 7:11pm CT

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
So you hate every sox player? Because i guarantee every player in Sox history has had a bad game.

I actually didn't mind Marte, but that game was really bad. When someone mentions Marte, its the first thought that comes to mind.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
Man its unreal that BA isn't in there....

And that JD is still in an RBI spot and joe Crede isnt.

Crede: .281 .356 .525

JD .286 .336 .486

Crede RISP: .346 .410 .635

Dye RISP: .288 .318 .407

WTF

It's not unusual they're starting Wise. This year he's hitting .298 against lefties.

And Snell seems to have more control problems when he faces left-handed hitters. (26 walks and 25 K's vs. lefties; 13 walks and 37 K's vs. righties.)

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
It's not unusual they're starting Wise. This year he's hitting .298 against lefties.

And Snell seems to have more control problems when he faces left-handed hitters. (26 walks and 25 K's vs. lefties; 13 walks and 37 K's vs. righties.)

Well there you have it. Ozzie stopped managing by the seat of his pants and he read a scouting report.

Marte was good every year with the Sox except for 2005. 2005 was the only year that most fans hated him. I think one of the best stats for a middle reliever is WHIP. His was over 1.7 that year--awful.

Marte was bailed out time after time by the excellent Sox pen that year. Baseball prospectus keeps a stat called BQR, bequeathed runners prevented from scoring.

Measures how many more or fewer of the bequeathed baserunners subsequent relievers allowed to score than would be expected from league average performance in those situations. I.e., a positive figure means the following relievers kept more of the bequeathed runners from scoring than expected, negative means more of the runners scored than expected.

Marte's BQR was 11.6. He was one of only 9 relievers to have a double-digit BQR that year. In other words (as we saw in the Boston/El Duque game), he was lucky as heck/Ozzie pulled him out in the nick of time.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
Hopefully Sox start a streak and go in hot against the Cubs.

Still wish Carlos would drop lower in the order and move up JD.

That's just me, though.

Why? JD doesnt get on base nearly enough to move up.