6/19 Game Thread PIT @ CWS, 1:05pm CT

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
thinking about it, i cant think of a move that KW made this offseason that hasnt worked out. CQ, Linebrink and OC is coming around. The only move i guess that could be viewed negatively was the swisher trade, but for how much heat he received (present party included) he looks like a genius right now. now find a way to get roberts!

I'll take Swish's .322 June average. Hopefully he can finish the season around at LEAST .270-.275.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
thinking about it, i cant think of a move that KW made this offseason that hasnt worked out. CQ, Linebrink and OC is coming around. The only move i guess that could be viewed negatively was the swisher trade, but for how much heat he received (present party included) he looks like a genius right now. now find a way to get roberts!

Swish hasn't hit for average and the power hasn't been there, but at least the guy is still patient and will get on base at a decent rate.

Also his BABIP IIRC, was way, way low, which means he won't be down at the .220-.230 range at the end of the season.

If he gets to say 20 HR's and a .250 AVG with an OBP around the .360 mark, and an OPS around .800, that's decent enough for a CF. You'd like more, but with Swish there certainly is the potential for more based on what he has done before.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
Swish hasn't hit for average and the power hasn't been there, but at least the guy is still patient and will get on base at a decent rate.

Also his BABIP IIRC, was way, way low, which means he won't be down at the .220-.230 range at the end of the season.

If he gets to say 20 HR's and a .250 AVG with an OBP around the .360 mark, and an OPS around .800, that's decent enough for a CF. You'd like more, but with Swish there certainly is the potential for more based on what he has done before.

yeah i like swisher, but of the moves so far he has probably been the most disappointing. doesn't mean he wont have a great rest of the season. im thinking he might.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
yeah i like swisher, but of the moves so far he has probably been the most disappointing. doesn't mean he wont have a great rest of the season. im thinking he might.

He has had problems with his swing, and Walker has been working with him on that for the past month. The results so far in June indicate that he's turning things around, and he should hit pretty well for the next couple of months in the hot weather.

He's one of the guys who could easily carry this lineup down the stretch, so I'm excited to see what he'll do for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Hate to say this, but Thome is hot and needs to play against the Cubs.

He needs to play 1B tomorrow.

I was totally against it... but now I think its what we need to do.