Our excuse for this loss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god those are announcers are unbearable and I only listened for ten seconds. "The way Cabrera reacted...blahblah". You mean like he thought it was a foul ball, you idiot? This coming from the Cubs, who has Aram sit at the plate for twenty minutes after he hits his.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)
I just saw the replay on Comcast and it sure looks like the ball changed direction and the only way it does that is if it ticked the foul pole.

There's another pole right behind the foul pole. It clearly hit that pole, and was correctly called foul.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:35 AM)
That was a foul ball. If this game was anywhere else in the Majors, that ball is fair. The lines at Wrigley are fairly deep.

The only reason it was close to fair was the wind at Wrigley pushing the ball towards the playing field.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
The ball was coming back towards fair play, but it was foul...

I didn't take the closest look to it, but from how Farmer and Stone described it on the radio, they made it seem like it hooked foul. I believed them lol.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
actually I was more upset with the punchout of AJ's check swing in the ninth. not even close.

That was a joke of a call, yes. Ozzie should've been out of the dugout for that one. The umpire had to seriously miss that play and take a stab in the dark to punch him out on it. Regardless, the play should not have mattered. They had plenty of opportunities to blow the game open. I hope the loss serves as a wake up to the team that they have to play situational hitting for 9 innings, not 2 or 3 or 0. How many lead off doubles did they have that didn't score?

I'm contemplating putting a spray chart together for the line-ups RH hitters and LH hitters. I'm not sure it'll prove anything, though.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:49 AM)
actually I was more upset with the punchout of AJ's check swing in the ninth. not even close.

Did they ever show a replay of the swing??? I don't think WGN ever showed it and I was pissed...

Actually, Sox fans, the ball hit the foul pole. I cut and cropped the video to see just the select play and so I could slow it down to watch it frame by frame. The ball bounces off the foul pole, not the wooden post behind it. I'll post all the evidence in a moment.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
There's another pole right behind the foul pole. It clearly hit that pole, and was correctly called foul.

You mean this pole?

2ndpoleyi1.jpg

Which in the video is located here...

2ndpolereplayfi8.jpg

As you can see, the ball knicked off the foul pole.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
FYI here is another view.

I don't know what to think. Watching it live, I thought it was foul. I didn't even think twice about it until I saw this thread!

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c...reduced2st4.png

There, I edited my post. I think its pretty conclusive.