The Importance of Tomorrow's Game

chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
Some douchebag Cubs fan at work today kept replaying the Len Kasper calls on all of the homers in the 4th inning. He was doing this for 20 minutes, and had it as loud as humanly possible.

I love when Cub fans go out of their way to boast. I heard it from nearly every Cub fan during the 2003 playoff run....I had my revenge later that month when I came to school on Halloween dressed as Steve Bartman.

The only scenario we would have to be in for me to care about losing 2 straight from the Cubs would be in the World Series. Why the hell should it matter now? There are roughly 3 more months left to play...

Sure it's painful losing to them seeing as most Sox fans have an extreme hate towards the Cubs, but, it doesn't really matter at this point in the year. No worrying here.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 06:31 AM)
I love when Cub fans go out of their way to boast. I heard it from nearly every Cub fan during the 2003 playoff run....I had my revenge later that month when I came to school on Halloween dressed as Steve Bartman.

Great story...when I was working as a Grad Assistant at NIU during 2003, another co-worker decided to leave the game we were working at halftime because the Cubs were leading in Game 6 against the Marlins. He was told that if he left, he'd be fired. He said that was fine, as he would rather be in the city for the NL Championship celebration. So not only does he go to the city only for the Cubs to lose, but he also got fired from his job and his girlfriend ended up leaving him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
Great story...when I was working as a Grad Assistant at NIU during 2003, another co-worker decided to leave the game we were working at halftime because the Cubs were leading in Game 6 against the Marlins. He was told that if he left, he'd be fired. He said that was fine, as he would rather be in the city for the NL Championship celebration. So not only does he go to the city only for the Cubs to lose, but he also got fired from his job and his girlfriend ended up leaving him.

That'll teach him to like the Cubs :lolhitting

But as far as the importance of tomorrow's game... I mean, I've already lost money on the series. Game 3 is ALL pride and respect. Let's get to em early, and late. Early and often didn't work out enough.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

While I find it annoying to hear s*** from Cubs fans I find its easy to let go of. To them, winning these series is the most important thing to them. Sure, Id love to win these games but keeping our division lead is the main reason why. After 05, rooting to beat the Cubs got old. Its getting back to the playoffs and getting another ring that is more important. Their fans dont realize it and its been their MO for a long time.

We had a 6.5 game lead 2 weeks ago. It's down to 2.5 now with Detroit and Cleveland right on our tail. The division is starting to gather up, never a good thing to see. Which is a main reason we need to win this game. 1.5 game leads are scary.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
Bragging rights aren't important. I'm not lying.

It's really not that hard to do.

I suppose you must live in a bubble or are surrounded by only Sox fans. Because I can't f***ing stand the Cubs fans I have to deal with and it's only going to get worse after this weekend.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
I suppose you must live in a bubble or are surrounded by only Sox fans. Because I can't f***ing stand the Cubs fans I have to deal with and it's only going to get worse after this weekend.

I am completely surrounded by Cubs fans, and I never have any problems. No offense, but a lot of you guys are meatheads.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
Are you afraid your Cubs buddies are gonna scream crap in your ears for a whole week?

Why would one care if they did? Cubs fans can't say crap until they win a pennant. And even then, they can't say crap to Sox fans until they win a ring. End of story.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
I watched the game yesterday with 7 friends, 4 of which were Cub fans. They gloated, just like I would have after a win. It's baseball. You win some and you lose some. Get over it.

No, dont you understand, if the Sox dont win then our lives in this town are effectively over. The Cubs fans will be able to gloat and I will be sad and the columnists will talk and civility will come to an end as we know it.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
No, dont you understand, if the Sox dont win then our lives in this town are effectively over. The Cubs fans will be able to gloat and I will be sad and the columnists will talk and civility will come to an end as we know it.

TBH, if we win this game, I will breathe a lot easier this week. Mostly because we'll be up 2.5 games going out west and we'll be 9 games above .500, not 7. And we would snap our 8 game losing streak on the road.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
TBH, if we win this game, I will breathe a lot easier this week. Mostly because we'll be up 2.5 games going out west and we'll be 9 games above .500, not 7. And we would snap our 8 game losing streak on the road.

Yep, it's better to focus on the AL Central than to care what the idiots in the media or Cubs fans with inferiority complexes think.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:50 PM)
Yep, it's better to focus on the AL Central than to care what the idiots in the media or Cubs fans with inferiority complexes think.

Especially now, because Minnesota's won 6 in a row. They beat Webb today. *Sigh.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
I'm sorry.........but how is this game EVERYTHING? Maybe I'm delusional...but I can't quite grasp this concept.

So if we lose this one game tomorrow it means that we miss the post-season? Please. Take a deep breath, calm down....you're going to make it through the next 24 hours...I promise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get swept by the Cubs...none of us do.

A lot of other posters in this thread talk about how Cub fans talk hamburgers.....I hope most of you realize that most Cub fans have the baseball IQ of a deaf and blind pig. If you can't shut them up chances are you're either not trying very hard, or just need more material.

These are the people that created insulting and racist t-shirts, that hold up giant "W" flags and posters to let the frat boys and mindless skanks aware of their victory, and how could we forget that these are the people that showered the field with trash when AJ hit a go ahead three run homerun two years ago.

Remind them of Cesar Izturis's crotch grab last year, how their stadium reeks of urine, and how all of them used to worship Sammy "rum bottle" Sosa.

90% of Cub fans are classless and clueless. Congratulate them on their 100 years of success, remind them of Bartman, and give them the finger. It's far too easy.

So chill.

Thanks.

I meant everything as in the series. If we lose tonight, there is no way we sweep them so they win 4-2 at least. We need to win tonight to give us a shot at 3-3. That's what I meant.