White Sox @ Cubs

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 01:46 AM)
Didn't AJ hit that 3 run homer in the 9th against Dempster to get the lead and then those low-life cubs fans trashed the field with garbage? Also, didn't Ross Gload begin that rally with a 2 out single as well?

1st part- yes. 2nd part- not sure

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:15 AM)
Please do not use Jim Thome at 1b! One game isn't worth him possibly getting injured and being out for an extended period.

Weren't you saying not that long ago that he ought to retire and you never wanted to see him again? What changed? :P

Iam not going to watch tonight,when I get to the point that Iam not enjoying myself when watching like the last two then there is no good reason.And I dont need them to win to enjoy it either,its just that I get sucked into making this series mean more than it actually does and I start breaking things...not healthy.

i have this weird feeling that unless we blow out the cubs like 8-3 or 9-1 or something, i don't see us winning a low scoring close game

let's hope javy has his curveball and his control today, his last outing was brutal

So do I watch tonight or not? I have a real bad feeling about the game, add with the fact the Twins win. I think watching will just aggravate me more. Not sure right now. Prolly gonna watch the gymnastics trials for a while and then watch the game.

"You should go to the American League and you'll see more potent lineups," Vazquez said.

^^ Put up or shut up time for Javy.

Ozzie better be captain hook today and not let things get ugly in a 5 minute time span like yesterday. I caught the 4th inning yesterday and thought Jim Parque was back.

I haven't followed either team much, but the Cubs look good.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
"You should go to the American League and you'll see more potent lineups," Vazquez said.

Ozzie better be captain hook today and not let things get ugly in a 5 minute time span like yesterday. I caught the 4th inning yesterday and thought Jim Parque was back.

Maybe Javy will actually try this time.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)
Didn't AJ hit that 3 run homer in the 9th against Dempster to get the lead and then those low-life cubs fans trashed the field with garbage? Also, didn't Ross Gload begin that rally with a 2 out single as well?

Ah yes, a moment so good I still haven't finished basking in it's glory.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)

Why don't our guys just shut up and play ball?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Maybe Javy will actually try this time.

When I saw the match ups, I chalked up today as a loss. They've already beaten us on a walk off, then pounded us yesterday. The only thing left is to be shut out in like a 2 hitter.

The Cubs are seeing beachballs coming at them at the plate. A couple of high and tight heaters early in the game are in order.

Check nuts Javy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
I'm worried about the Thome thing. I mean I have a real premonition he's gonna butcher it at first and give the critics one more thing to bury Oz on as well as cost us any chance of winning.

You worry too much. A real premonition huh? Sounds more like your worst fears come true. It's not your problem. Don't worry be happy. :P