Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

This is the first time in about 8 years that I've actually semi-cared about hockey. I think the reason why is because the Hawks are the only team that might actually get somewhere this year, excluding the Bears that is. How much of an accomplishment would it be for this young team to just get to the Western Finals or maybe even the Stanley Cup Finals? Thank god that this is happening because the Sox offense is still in hibernation and the games are really f***ing hard to watch.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game tonight, super pumped for it, only 10 more hours til the anthem starts. Definitely dont wanna go back to Canada for game 7.

Looking more and more like its gonna be the Red Wings, they have dominated the last few games vs. the Ducks, although the non-call on the goaline interference on the 3rd goal yesterday smelled like a make-up call to me.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
That would create some severe absentee ownership issues.

Plus, the NHL is a money pit. JR is never one to throw his money down a hole.

If he were to buy the 'yotes...how long before their fan boards talk about attendance issues and spending money?

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (knightni @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
That would create some severe absentee ownership issues.

Plus, the NHL is a money pit. JR is never one to throw his money down a hole.

JR lives in Arizona I believe.

I am quite certain that Rocky and his group have met with JR to discuss the financial dealing of the NHL.

I am really liking Buff and Campbell. I guess when you do nothing for 82 games, you are much fresher for the playoffs. Kaner also seems to be turning it on but he needs some more consistency.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 11, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Let's end this thing tonight and rest up until the weekend.

I'll be there tonight...haven't been to this big of a game since 1996. That's ridiculous.

Let's do it.

Represent--I think our crowd can be a big factor, especially if we get ahead early.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!

Kane singlehandedly scores that goal.

And Hawks have been really sloppy in their transition, which is sad because they have had many more offensive opportunities than the Canucks.

Also on Havlats turnover he goes to the bench for a line change instead of getting back on defense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 11, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
Kane singlehandedly scores that goal.

And Hawks have been really sloppy in their transition, which is sad because they have had many more offensive opportunities than the Canucks.

Also on Havlats turnover he goes to the bench for a line change instead of getting back on defense.

Ya, we're not playing great what so ever, but we need to take better advantages of our offensive opportunities. With that said, it's hard with Luongo in the net. Too many turnovers in our own zone is annoying too.

Khabi making some amazing saves.

I bet you're more pissed at Hordichuk. :lol:

He's having a good series - sans his worst penalty in three years in game one. Man, I have such a hard time - I want my friend to do well, yet, I am really enjoying the play by the Hawks.

Just as I type this, 4-3 Vancouver.