The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Carson also has a weird tale of a time when he wanted to fire a woman who worked in his department, but he didn't have the courage to do it. Fine, no big deal, very few people take joy in firing someone and it can be a difficult situation to face. But as he recounts it, he thanked God because one day she just disappeared and he never heard from her again, taking the burden off of his shoulders. No sign of concern for her well-being, just glad she's not his problem anymore.

It's like the story he told about the alleged hold-up at a fast food restaurant after the Oregon shooting. He claims that he was standing in line when someone came in the rob the place, and the guy pointed the gun at him. Brave Ben Carson redirected the robber to the cashier.

Who thinks these stories are personally flattering? They make him look like a sociopath, but he's apparently proud of them.

I agree that those two stories are more significant, to me, than the West Point one for example. Honestly, I am starting to think he may not just be arrogant. He may be sociopathic.

Then again, I remember reading a paper in college that came to the conclusion that most Presidents' egos were so large that they were all borderline sociopaths anyway.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
I wish the Journos seeking all the mud on Carson would at least balance the scales and write about his work saving lives as a fricking brain surgeon. The man is brilliant and he's being depicted as Gomer Pyle.

In matters other than neurosurgery, he seems like Gomer Pyle.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
I agree that those two stories are more significant, to me, than the West Point one for example. Honestly, I am starting to think he may not just be arrogant. He may be sociopathic.

Then again, I remember reading a paper in college that came to the conclusion that most Presidents' egos were so large that they were all borderline sociopaths anyway.

Every time I hear Carson (and Trump for that matter), I think, how in the hell is this guy leading the primary.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
You have to balance every negative thing you say about somebody with one positive thing, it is the rules of journalism.

You should be fair at least. The man is a brilliant surgeon and by all accounts an outstanding person. Again, the perception by the media is he is a buffoon.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
In matters other than neurosurgery, he seems like Gomer Pyle.

Not to me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
You should be fair at least. The man is a brilliant surgeon and by all accounts an outstanding person. Again, the perception by the media is he is a buffoon.

Nobody is questioning his skills as a surgeon, but he isn't applying for a job at a hospital.

Also, many of those accounts are coming into question, and some of his own stories make him look pretty awful.

Not to me.

Do tell.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
This is the base that the Republican party has cultivated over the years.

I don't think a lot of these voters are coming from the "base" per say. I do think it is more a statement against the establishment vs. anything else. And I think to some extent, the same thing exists in the democratic party from all the Bernie Backers. Now if the republicans actually nominate Carson or Trump, well then I will change my tune and I'll personally vote independent. However, I still think at this point, the nomination is Rubio's to lose.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Then again I feel the same way about the Dem primary.

I get that if you lean right and are looking at Sanders. And I get disliking the Clintons generally. But I'm not clear what policies Clinton is pushing - either socially or fiscally - that would make you feel that way. But I'd be interested to be educated otherwise...

I can point to the majority of the candidates on the right running primaries that are appealing to their base - socially and fiscally - including fairy tale regressive tax policies that would require trillions in cuts to cover.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Then again I feel the same way about the Dem primary.

I honestly, would rather vote for Hillary then Trump or Carson. In reality, I'd vote independent (or write-in one of the other republicans who I did like) because I do agree, I don't like anything I hear from the democrat side, but that is more a fundamental disagreement with their policies. When it comes to Trump / Carson, I not only disagree with their poppycock, but I have extreme concern over just their general ability to run this country (Carson) and in Trump's case, I have a general fear that he could blow up the world (seriously...I have no idea how he'll handle / manage foreign affairs). I think Trump probably has an excellent ability to get advice / listen to his advisors (would presume he has to given where he is and what he's done)...in the case of Carson, no way....all those skills would be totally learned on the job.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
I get that if you lean right and are looking at Sanders. And I get disliking the Clintons generally. But I'm not clear what policies Clinton is pushing - either socially or fiscally - that would make you feel that way. But I'd be interested to be educated otherwise...

I can point to the majority of the candidates on the right running primaries that are appealing to their base - socially and fiscally - including fairy tale regressive tax policies that would require trillions in cuts to cover.

This is quite literally the worst assortment of primary candidates that I have seen in the entire time I have been voting. I can't point to a single candidate I would be happy to vote for. Everything about a Clinton Presidency I don't want to see again. The lack of a firm conviction on any issue and the lack of trust with the candidate are at the top of the list. I can sit here and pick out individual issues, but as soon as polls shift, so will Clinton. We saw it during his Presidency, her time in the Senate and even as a candidate.

The sad thing is that would still almost be better than a Trump or Carson Presidency.

Flat out I am just reviled at the candidates this time around, but then again, since we have been reduced to meme's for politics, we get memes for leaders. It is not unexpected at all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
This is quite literally the worst assortment of primary candidates that I have seen in the entire time I have been voting. I can't point to a single candidate I would be happy to vote for.

Agreed.

Which 3rd party candidate wants my throwaway vote?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
This is quite literally the worst assortment of primary candidates that I have seen in the entire time I have been voting. I can't point to a single candidate I would be happy to vote for. Everything about a Clinton Presidency I don't want to see again. The lack of a firm conviction on any issue and the lack of trust with the candidate are at the top of the list. I can sit here and pick out individual issues, but as soon as polls shift, so will Clinton. We saw it during his Presidency, her time in the Senate and even as a candidate.

The sad thing is that would still almost be better than a Trump or Carson Presidency.

Flat out I am just reviled at the candidates this time around, but then again, since we have been reduced to meme's for politics, we get memes for leaders. It is not unexpected at all.

I agree. I do like O'Malley, but I don't think he has a real chance. And even he's not great. Kasich I could potentially vote for too.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
Analysis of Republican tax plans from the Tax Foundation:

blog_gop_tax_plans_middle_class.jpg

No Carson and his flat tithing? No Kasich?

And yeah, these guys are all about the tax cuts for the rich. They love to talk about how taxes are killing American jobs and American economy... meanwhile, tax rates for the highest earners are less than half what they were for decades of strong American economic growth.