The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

The problem is the only president embodying all the qualities you espouse, Jimmy Carter, was arguably our worst going back at least to the 1920's.

Carson just doesn't have enough policy expertise to be credible, or for us to believe he wouldn't just hire experts to advise him that espouse some of his identical radical viewpoints. That worked for Reagan, but he at least possessed the basic leadership/charisma qualities required for effectiveness.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Why is he an idiot? I've actually had mixed feelings on Maher thru the years. I love religion; he despises it. But I praised Maher for his take on something recently. I can't remember what it is now. Carson is Donald Trump off the steroids. Why not give Carson a chance?

I wonder what Maher thinks of Hilly? There's no reason to support Hillary. Just be honest, Bill, and say it's her turn, she deserves it, coronate her, etc. She has nothing to offer this country as President.

I'll be honest. I don't follow politics all that much outside of what I read here. Posters have called Ben Carson an idiot, so I went full Greg and googled "Ben Carson is an idiot" much like I believe you told people to Google "Hilary Clinton is a bad person" or whatever way you termed it.

So, do like you told us to do and Google "Ben Carson is an idiot."

Is saying Carson is Donald Trump off the steroids even a good thing?

Again, just being honest about the fact that I don't follow politics all that much, but Bernie Sanders is the only one I like, and it bums me out that he seemingly has no chance.

To understand Bill Maher all one has to do is see Religulous. Doesn't matter what you believe, just watch the man interact with people in the movie. The pompousness, the condescension. His main goal is to project a certain group of people as idiots. I guess I just don't think that is a good goal for a grown man to have, and somehow it's applauded. Think of the kids lol.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
To understand Bill Maher all one has to do is see Religulous. Doesn't matter what you believe, just watch the man interact with people in the movie. The pompousness, the condescension. His main goal is to project a certain group of people as idiots. I guess I just don't think that is a good goal for a grown man to have, and somehow it's applauded. Think of the kids lol.

FWIW, the only reason I brought up Maher is because I went full Greg and googled "Ben Carson is an idiot" and Bill Maher showed up. I recall Greg bringing him up to support one of his arguments so I thought it would be interesting to see how he responded.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Mainly because of her penchant for lying and her insensitivity toward people and issues. Also all those reports of what a despicable person she is. People blame the messenger rather than consider where there's smoke there's fire.

Are those opinions or can you bring up specific events? We can find "reports' that negatively portray every candidate. We could also consider where there is politics there are lies.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
Are those opinions or can you bring up specific events? We can find "reports' that negatively portray every candidate. We could also consider where there is politics there are lies.

True man. But I don't think blindly believing her to be a saint is any smarter. Seems reasonable to me that she's an uptight entitled b**** who treated staffers etc. like garbage. Not saying it's true, just saying it's for sure very possible. Of the hundreds of millions of people in this country I think it's sad that we don't have actual leaders to choose from, just beneficiaries of nepotism. Sucks.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 05:25 AM)
True man. But I don't think blindly believing her to be a saint is any smarter. Seems reasonable to me that she's an uptight entitled b**** who treated staffers etc. like garbage. Not saying it's true, just saying it's for sure very possible. Of the hundreds of millions of people in this country I think it's sad that we don't have actual leaders to choose from, just beneficiaries of nepotism. Sucks.

For Tex, this is basically my answer. I believe the MANY reports of how rude she is to staffers and others. I believe her saying "Katy Perry mode" at a serious hearing did happen. Entitled, rude, mean woman. We never see any stories about how great a person Hillary is. The "light" stories about Hillary are the ones about how she is re-inventing herself personality wise. That didn't last long.

America seems happy to continue the nepotism thing with its presidents. Trump or Carson would be good for four years just to switch it up. Many of you say Presidents don't do anything anyway. So let Trump entertain us for four years or Big Ben Carson. Trump's kind of a ruthless tool himself, so I'd go with Ben.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
For Tex, this is basically my answer. I believe the MANY reports of how rude she is to staffers and others. I believe her saying "Katy Perry mode" at a serious hearing did happen. Entitled, rude, mean woman. We never see any stories about how great a person Hillary is. The "light" stories about Hillary are the ones about how she is re-inventing herself personality wise. That didn't last long.

America seems happy to continue the nepotism thing with its presidents. Trump or Carson would be good for four years just to switch it up. Many of you say Presidents don't do anything anyway. So let Trump entertain us for four years or Big Ben Carson. Trump's kind of a ruthless tool himself, so I'd go with Ben.

For sure man. I guess I just can't understand people promoting Hillary Clinton like she's actually the best-suited to LEAD this entire country. Really? We can't find more qualified leader candidates? I actually voted for Obama the first time thinking he might be able to unite some stuff. Just like everybody else, I turned a blind-eye to the fact that he had absolutely zero leadership under his belt. I want to say I'm done voting for popular senators or any popular picks. I think all 50 governors should have to throw their hats in the ring and we pick from them. Maybe past governors too. Enough of this unqualified bulls***.

Edited by Jerksticks

Line up all the former governors and former senators and former x, its a crapshoot.

The governor prior was awful. Obviously you disagree, and he failed in getting a party that had every political incentive to obstruct to not do so, but the last 6 years have seen measurable improvements in almost everything, and performed better than almost all of the other western democracies and continued to chug along as the rapid development countries peaked and waned.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
I'll be honest. I don't follow politics all that much outside of what I read here. Posters have called Ben Carson an idiot, so I went full Greg and googled "Ben Carson is an idiot" much like I believe you told people to Google "Hilary Clinton is a bad person" or whatever way you termed it.

So, do like you told us to do and Google "Ben Carson is an idiot."

Is saying Carson is Donald Trump off the steroids even a good thing?

Again, just being honest about the fact that I don't follow politics all that much, but Bernie Sanders is the only one I like, and it bums me out that he seemingly has no chance.

This is pretty much every Sanders fan.

On the state-wide levels and governorships, a complete disaster. Look at the comments from the Dem losers in KY vis a vis the national party/Obama and being out of touch. Pretty blistering. More than just sour grapes.

Because of Obama for eight years and now with Clinton the presumptive winner (by many), there seems to be a nonchalant attitude about all of this.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
Yep, the dnc does not appear to have a coherent strategy. DWS has been horrible.

dang, are they really that freaking stupid that they can't think??? they the party have a golden opportunity to control this election with trump or any of the least fav's winning the Rep nomination.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
dang, are they really that freaking stupid that they can't think??? they the party have a golden opportunity to control this election with trump or any of the least fav's winning the Rep nomination.

They'll probably be fine for the wh in 2016. But they don't seem to have a good strategy to win back statehouses and governorships that help you build a stronger overall coalition and implement your policies on a state level.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
On the state-wide levels and governorships, a complete disaster. Look at the comments from the Dem losers in KY vis a vis the national party/Obama and being out of touch. Pretty blistering. More than just sour grapes.

Because of Obama for eight years and now with Clinton the presumptive winner (by many), there seems to be a nonchalant attitude about all of this.

Without the white house, DNC saw priority to grow house/senate coalition to override his agenda, with the white house, dnc does not see priority to grow house/senate coalition with moderate members as they never want to defend the votes anyway.

Its a problem long term.

Last month, the US military bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan at the request of the Afghanistan military. DWB is also now allegeding that a US warplane gunned down staffers as they fled the building.

http://gawker.com/report-u-s-warplane-gunn...orde-1740769146

According to an internal report produced by Doctors Without Borders, a U.S. warplane shot at survivors attempting to escape the organization’s hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan after the building was bombed by American forces last month.

The U.S. has not provided much explanation for the airstrikes, which killed at least thirty people, though the AP reports intelligence analysts may have believed the hospital was under Taliban control—a contention the report strongly rejects.

According to the organization, the hospital had been treating both Taliban and government fighters in the days leading up to the bombing. And by their account, it had been a quiet night until the bombing began sometime around 2 a.m. on Oct. 3.

The report also makes clear the U.S. knew the compound was a medical facility. In fact, the hospital apparently emailed its GPS coordinates to the US Department of Defense, Afghan Ministry of Interior and Defense and US army in Kabul just days before the bombing.

Confirmation of receipt was received from both US Department of Defense and US army representatives, both of whom assured us that the coordinates had been passed on to the appropriate parties. Oral confirmation was received from the Afghan Ministry of Interior. MSF also shared the GPS coordinates with a UN intermediary who confirmed transmission directly to Operation Resolute Support.

The U.S. has apologized for the attack, saying it was a “mistake.”

Edited by StrangeSox

Oh, it was just an accident. Any other country does this and it's consider a war crime. We do it and it's just an accident. Oops.

Also, not the first time we have targeted hospitals with bombs.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)

Oh, it was just an accident. Any other country does this and it's consider a war crime. We do it and it's just an accident. Oops.

Also, not the first time we have targeted hospitals with bombs.

First line is true. Other two lines are unfounded in reality.

‘Look for Hospitals as Targets’

“The bigger the hospital, the better it was,” he said. Stevenson said he believed the hospitals were rated highly as potential targets, not because American commanders wanted to attack wounded enemy troops, but because hospital complexes were often protected by company- or battalion-sized troop units….

Probably just an accident. Only bad countries do this.