SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/12, 6:05 PM, WGN, AM 670.

MHizzle85

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
You guys are something else with your hatred for Michael Young. The guy has hit over .300 six years in a row. Every home town scorer looks out for his team and makes some favorable calls every now and then. Sure that should have been an error but the breaks go both ways in a 162 game season.

I don't hate him...I'd take him on the Sox (but for 10 mil, not 16)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't hate him...I'd take him on the Sox (but for 10 mil, not 16)

I wish it worked like that too, but it doesn't. If you want to keep/get a good player, you have to overpay (eg Torii Hunter).

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
You guys are something else with your hatred for Michael Young. The guy has hit over .300 six years in a row. Every home town scorer looks out for his team and makes some favorable calls every now and then. Sure that should have been an error but the breaks go both ways in a 162 game season.

So a .300 batting average gets you $16M now a days? Because that's all Michael Young is going to do for you. That career .281/.324/.409/.733 line away from Arlington isn't very reassuring either.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:40 AM)
I wish it worked like that too, but it doesn't. If you want to keep/get a good player, you have to overpay (eg Torii Hunter).

Says who? The Cubs had no problem signing Aramis and D. Lee to fair market extensions, same goes for the Sox with Buehrle, Dye, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
Says who? The Cubs had no problem signing Aramis and D. Lee to fair market extensions, same goes for the Sox with Buehrle, Dye, etc.

I'll gladly pay $15M a year for a .915 OPS 3B like Aramis. $16M per through 2013 for a .790 OPS mediocre defensive SS is not what I'd call a smart financial decision. The Rangers overpaid, and THEN some.

Yankees are going to give Tex way too much money.

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the O's as they need a first baseman and he is from the area. ESPN.com said Boras is looking for an 8-10 year deal at $23 million per.

That's f***ing stupid.

Slappy single hitters who don't walk much and play mediocre defense do not deserve $16 million a year. Last year Michael Young did not hit a homer outside of Texas until September.

He's overrated and overpaid. Get out of the dark ages and look past batting average.