SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/12, 6:05 PM, WGN, AM 670.

MHizzle85

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
Joe Crede: 4 career opposite field HRs in 2724 career ABs.

Josh Fields: 5 career opposite field HRs in 393 career ABs.

Less than 1/10 of Joe Crede's career homeruns have been hit between center field and the right field foul pole.

Where are you finding these stats?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)

Less than 1/10 of Joe Crede's career homeruns have been hit between center field and the right field foul pole.

Crede's blasted some balls to center field this season that have been caught at the track. He's not as bad as OC, who has severe WTP to dead center.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
I wonder if Lexi is an airhead?

He sometimes makes some dumb decisions with the glove as well.

I still like him, though.

Well according to Hawk he's the best "baseball player" on the team. I'd think being an airhead would disqualify a player from earning such an honor.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:19 AM)
A couple of Joe's oppo homers, I believer, were in his first year or two up, so they have been even fewer and far between.

When he first came up, Hawk used to rave about his opposite field power. That was what he supposedly worked on his last year in the minors.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
What is the deal with Crede just trying to hit it to right field? He has no power the opposite way, so it makes no sense. Crede and Swisher are killing this offense tonight.

Are you kidding me? You are seriously whining about Crede trying to go to right field? He stroke one but right at Hamilton and has looked pretty solid at the plate. When Crede uses all fields he's at his best (even though most of his HR's are to LF).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
Did anybody besides KW realize Danks was a stud?

Was anybody on Soxtalk a complete believer in Danks?

Last year, I liked him the first half of the season, seems like the stuff was there but had no run support.

That was before my SoxTalk times, second half got me concerned, am I glad I was wrong.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)

That is so crazy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
Are you kidding me? You are seriously whining about Crede trying to go to right field? He stroke one but right at Hamilton and has looked pretty solid at the plate. When Crede uses all fields he's at his best (even though most of his HR's are to LF).

He's not skilled enough at that art to do that. Just like Pods, he's the one guy I just want to swing hard and try to pull it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 05:22 PM)
Did anybody besides KW realize Danks was a stud?

Was anybody on Soxtalk a complete believer in Danks?

Danks was one of the premiere pitching prospects in all of baseball when the Sox acquired him. So was Brandon McCarthy.

Well according to Hawk he's the best "baseball player" on the team. I'd think being an airhead would disqualify a player from earning such an honor.

I hope nobody tells Alexei that. He might go back to Cuba once he realizes he's being compared to Darin Erstad.