Origin behind your name?

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live outside of my Chicago fanbase and I'm therefore "lost." Contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with the TV show. "fan" is self-explanatory. Originally a name from TSN where my profile could actually explain the name but now I use it on every sports board I go to, or some variation. I don't post at TSN anymore because there are too many idiots there, and it's poorly moderated.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Yep, he posts here too on rare occassions.

I dunno why, because I talk to him every day. When I bring up a Soxtalk thread he almost always knows which one I'm talking about.

Edited by lostfan

Well, I first used "dasox24" in 6th grade on WSI or one of those other message boards.

dasox = The Sox (stupid now that i think about it... at the time i thought it was cool b/c of those SNL skits where it sounds like the Superfans are saying "da" instead of "the")

And '24' is b/c #24 was my football number in 6th grade. That was a long long time ago, like 9 years ago, but I've never wanted to change the #.

Edited by dasox24

When I was 15, some guy in an AOL chatroom named rangercal almost got me in a lot of trouble when I cursed him out and he then proceeded to copy and paste my rant and send it to the AOL primary account (my aunt) . Lucky for me, I knew her password and deleted the email.

To this day, my best friend from high school and I always remember that silly screen name.

FlaSoxJim, in the best of all possible worlds, would have been shorthand for "Florida Sox Jim"

Alas, on the mlb Sox site back in 2000 when I tried to register, it turned out FlaSoxJim was already taken by someone (never once saw him actually post though). Hence, the redundant 'x' in FlaSoxxJim.